Which WC game has the best music?

I rank Babylon 5 and Space A&B as the best written TV-series I have ever seen. I mean SPace A&B really made me feel for the characters, even though it was a totally dumb idea... "Let's follow one particular squadron around from training til they all die"... Such a bad idea! but it proved great.

Somehow it has this effect on me when I watch Babylon 5, that I really care about the characters... It has a great story, written from start to finish, the entire time You feel Yourself coming toward the end and once You get there it is so painful... Well done indeed, considering I didn't even like it at first, only watched it since it was after Star Trek on channel 5...

I mean, the plot is so BIG! And so elaborate! Just the other day I saw an episode form season 2... One character made a gesture with his hand which I know from Season 5 means something special... I mean that kind of things are excellent!

And IMO, WC could have been SUCH a great series... Bondarevsky in particular would have made an ace of a TV character...

(I always thought that in a film Tolwyn should be played by Jeremy Irons... he's like a high-priced McDowell, they sound identical!)

He's about as much as a Twinkie...

I've seen him in roles that made me cry... He played a british thug with a terrible country accent in a kiddie movie and ghot locked into a closet and yelled from the inside and hopped around when the kids stomped on his feet in one flick...

Then in "Fantasy Island", he plays a mysterious doctor who runs a place where everyone hallucinates wildly sensual hallucinations... eeh no, he's not high price.

Nothing wrong with the guy, explicitely, it's just that I pictured that the WCM would be set before WC3 in any case, and Tolwyn needed to be yonger. Irons is both a better actor and younger than McDowell and they sound and act almost identically...

Also, for an AS flick, I figure Tolwyn played by Ewan McGregor...

Now that we've gotten WAY off topic here.
I like Malcom myself. I always saw him as the ideal Tolwyn.
On the other hand, the Paladin in the movie made me sick. Changing a damned good Scotsman to bad Frenchie is akin to high treason!
I was looking forward to watching the good ol' Paladin get tanked and start Scotish-drunk-ranting too :(
As for Blair, F.P.-J. was an alright choice, although I could think of better. :)
Anyone got any ideas?

Originally posted by Mav23
Malcolm McDowell isn't "high-price"? I like his acting.

Unfortnately, the quality of the acting has very little relation to the amount actors get paid. Case in point, Leonardo de Caprio. :)

Best, Raptor

Of course...

However an actor's budget dictates how many scripts he can say no to, and Malcolm seems flat broke...

Anyone ever think mel Gibson would make a good Hunter? I thought Russel Crowe for a while but nah, he's too serious and doesn't have the sideburn capacity and laid back approach... But on a more prassing matter, who gets to play Angel? I don't buy the curly haired "Ki-rati" chick. ANd what about SPARKS?! Who plays SPARKS?!

Mel Gibson? Sure, he might make a good enough Hunter (though, IMHO, the Movie guy was good enough)... but who can afford his highway-robbery prices? :) Actually, a good Hunter might also be that Aussie that played Wolverine in X-Men.

Ewan McGregor as young Tolwyn? Eek. "Do not defy the Confed High Command, master, not again." "But master Banbridge says we should be mindful of the future..." EEEK!

That wouldn't matter... it's not like Hunter's a bad guy :). But like I said, Mel Gibson is very expensive.

The Wolverine Guy... *smacks head*! He's even got the sideburns! The burns, man! The burns! Yeah, screw Mel, I want that guy!!! Leaves more money to pay for Jeremy Irons...

By the way...

Malcolm McDowell was slated to play Tolwyn in the WCM, but left in order to do Fantasy Island, cause they paid more...

I hate Fantasy Island.

Originally posted by gryphon
The Wolverine Guy... *smacks head*! He's even got the sideburns! The burns, man! The burns! Yeah, screw Mel, I want that guy!!! Leaves more money to pay for Jeremy Irons...

What in the hell are you babbling about? :)

We were talking about who was going to play Hunter in my highly realistic filmatization of WC1... :) General concensus favored the guy who played Wolverine in the X-Men over Mel Gibson, and Jeremy Irons is Tolwyn...

Originally posted by gryphon
We were talking about who was going to play Hunter in my highly realistic filmatization of WC1... :) General concensus favored the guy who played Wolverine in the X-Men over Mel Gibson, and Jeremy Irons is Tolwyn...

Who's Jeremy Irons?

A British actor who does bad guys very often... Die Hard with a Vengeance is the first that comes to mind...

He sounds like Malcolm McDowell, same husky English spick and span accent, same hairdo and general looks, but he's a bit younger and a more highly paid actor. I figured Malcolm would be too old to play Tolwyn a la 2654 today, Jeremy Irons is the perfect age and before I played WCIV I used to mix them up, that's how similar they are...

Also, for an AS film, I suggested Ewan McGregor as Tolwyn, his ObiWan is very applicable to young Tolwyn as he has the general look, haircut and accent (when he forces it out, he's a Scot) to pull it off. But more like a sppof anyway.

Back