• Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Spider Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matrix

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why ask about Phantom Menace when AOTC is the biggest waste of time you could put $8 down on to see? TPM, though not cinematic glory by any means, at least has a solid "cause/effect" plot that makes logical sense. AOTC? Shit just happens without anything holding it together. The original trilogy all strung together but was also packaged with their own little stories for each film. AOTC is just a bad highschool marching band montage of people we don't care about and sickening, blood-clotting amounts of CG garbage like Yoda and Jedi meditation chambers.

Lucas use to be a good storyteller, but it seems he's muddled himself. Instead of surrounding himself with the support of other talents (esp in the editing department ::cough:: ), he's pushed them aside because "it's his world and he's right". Yeah, well, Star Wars was one mess of a movie until Marcia Lucas came by and hacked it into what it is now and got an oscar for it too.

Admittedly, Peter Jackson is meerly interpreting whats been put to page previously but watching the LOTR movies is much like watching Hamlet: You know whats going to happen, but the performances can bring it somewhere new and exciting every single time.

Lucas, though his basic plot points and story arc in the prequels is solid, lacks even the most rudementary foundations of plot, story, concevible dialouge or characters we can care about. I was also rather put off by the shameless sexpot midriff cutoff he had Portman sporting in the later half of AOTC.

I first saw it on a bootleg VCD a week before it hit theaters. I paid nothing to see it but I'd like my money back.

Back