• WC III Era Vaktoth

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • False Colours Zartoth EW fighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCP Era Vaktoth

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
F4U Corsair said:
Ok then I believe... doesnt that make three bombers in WC3? Vaktoth, Sorthak, and Pahktans? Which was the main class of bomber

Of those three, only Paktahns are a) armed with torpedoes in WC3 and b) classified as bombers.

In the broader universe context, Strakha have been armed with torpedoes before... though, again, not in WC3.

(Vaktoth-class heavy fighter, Sorthak-class superheavy fighter and Paktahn-class bomber.)

I think the idea in Prophecy was that the fighters had to be 'jack of all trades' type ships that would be operated by mercenaries - so a dedicated bomber like the Paktahn didn't really wash in the fictional scenario.

F4U Corsair said:
I would still think that they should make an appearance. Rather then using Vaktoths as Bomber in WCP

After the Treaty of Ko-bar Yagar (Torgo) the kilrathi were forced to destroy their fleet, which would include most of their fighter inventory as well. Pakhtans and Sorthaks are both heavy offensive weapons that would have been destroyed following the treaty.

Oh great, so in other words, they were the Japs of thier time... Um wait I saw in Prophecy that large Kilrathi task force, I mean they had a carrier and several other ships, shouldnt those have been disassembled?

"Jap" is a racial slur - we don't play that game here, comprende?

(And *duh*. Wing Commander isn't exactly subtle about the fact that it's the Pacific War in space.)

Um wait I saw in Prophecy that large Kilrathi task force, I mean they had a carrier and several other ships, shouldnt those have been disassembled?

What you saw in Prophecy were Fralthi II cruisers... and just like all the other ships in Prophecy (corvettes, Dralthi and Vaktoth), they were being operated by Cult of Sivar pirates/terrorists -- not the sort of people who generally go out of their way to obey treaty specifications.

(Of course, there were larger capital ships that escaped - we see light carriers and a dreadnought in Ragark's fleet in False Colors...)

Whoa whoa whoa NO WAY! I've never heard ne one consider that a racial slur. Im major into Japanese Culture and history, was never my intention to insult them.
And fraltha 2s? I could have sworn I saw an actual carrier in there too... I dunno

F4U Corsair said:
And fraltha 2s? I could have sworn I saw an actual carrier in there too... I dunno

During that mission it is quite clear that the damaged kilrathi ship is a Frathli II cruiser. The shape is quite distinct from the carrier sillohuete. IIRC I think the rear section of the ship was damaged but the twin prong front is still intact or is it the other way around?

Also, it says so during the briefing: "Probably lost 3 full wings of fighters, but didn't get them all before they got hit. Nothing's moving now. Could of been two, maybe three, carrier groups. Computer reads Fralthi II Class. Seems to of missed most of the blast. Whatever hit 'em completely obliterated the whole damn fleet."

Evil Imperial said:
Carries 6 Spear Torpedos that gives some lovin' to Confed capships :p

Are Spear-class torpedoes equal to Confed Markiii torpedoes and are the heavy torpedoes equal to Mark IV or Mark V torpedoes?

RogueBanshee said:
Are Spear-class torpedoes equal to Confed Markiii torpedoes and are the heavy torpedoes equal to Mark IV or Mark V torpedoes?

Spear torps I would put in the same class as the confed Lance (which I think are Mk Vs although I'm not 100% could be Mk IVs)

The torps in WCP don't have Mk #s with them, although I would fair to guess they are beyond Mk Vs.

Mk IIIs are in use up till BoT on some fighters, as it appears the new heavier Mk IVs weren't in great supply and it is mentioned by the kilrathi at several points in FA that the hakagas can withstand even hits from the new confed Mk IV.

Dundradal said:
Spear torps I would put in the same class as the confed Lance (which I think are Mk Vs although I'm not 100% could be Mk IVs)

The torps in WCP don't have Mk #s with them, although I would fair to guess they are beyond Mk Vs.

Mk IIIs are in use up till BoT on some fighters, as it appears the new heavier Mk IVs weren't in great supply and it is mentioned by the kilrathi at several points in FA that the hakagas can withstand even hits from the new confed Mk IV.

The only probelm with that is I don't ever recall a fighter or bomber carrying more then 1 mark IV at a time in the books.

Mk IVs are 10 meters long IIRC, Mk IIIs are smaller as I also remember the FA scene now when they are launching both kinds. 3 Mk IIIs go on a broadsword while the impression is given that only 1 Mk IV is mounted on other ones. I'm not quite sure how we should answer this...I'll await an answer from a far...

Back