Most dangerous and useful Vaktoth

• WC III Era Vaktoth

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • False Colours Zartoth EW fighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCP Era Vaktoth

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
The WC3 era Vaktoth was the most dangerous simply because at the time it was a top of the line fighter. I think the WCP Vaktoth is the same ship as the WC3 Vaktoth, but because ship development and advancement would have all but ended after the collapse of the Kilrathi government, it became far less of a match for Confed's newest ships.

McGruff said:
The WC3 era Vaktoth was the most dangerous simply because at the time it was a top of the line fighter. I think the WCP Vaktoth is the same ship as the WC3 Vaktoth, but because ship development and advancement would have all but ended after the collapse of the Kilrathi government, it became far less of a match for Confed's newest ships.

One thing it has over the WC3 era, it can launch two full sized Torpedos...making a effective Fighter-Bomber in a pinch....

i dont know, i found vaktoth's to be very easy to take out. i actually enjoyed fighting them. the rear turret had such a huge deadzone, it was a sinch to rip it up from the six.

Since no one here has ever flown the False Colours fighter, it can´t be chosen, unless we compare stats only.

And I think the WC3 era should be the toughest one, since it was the heaviest Kilrathi fighter of the time.

The FC model only mounts a limited amount of firepower (I think it's one gun and no missiles) it's stuffed full of EW equipment. I'm not really sure why it's on here other than to have another choice for people to make.

Dundradal said:
The FC model only mounts a limited amount of firepower (I think it's one gun and no missiles) it's stuffed full of EW equipment. I'm not really sure why it's on here other than to have another choice for people to make.

It's because this is really the "I know different kinds of Vaktoths!" thread.

And to it I reply: I know two more kinds of Vaktoths!

The WC3 3DO version has a different missile loadout (4 HS / 4 FF) and two fewer decoys (6).

The WC3 PSX version has better maneuverability (50/60/50 dps), a higher speed (410 kps max, 1100 kps aft), heavier shields (260 cm eq. ea.), heavier armor (130 cm eq. ea.), one less Meson gun and 2x4 Heat Seekers instead of Friend-or-Foe missiles.

What I wanna know is, why Dralthis and Vaktoths, Sorthaks and other fighters were considerably more dangerous during WC3, I would think the Kilrathi would still be using its most powerful fighters.

I found Vaktoths not particularly dangerous, but they were hard to kill, you couldn't go headon, but the tail gunner AI didn't really had a well aim in WC3. Though in WCP, while the ships were easier to kill the tailgunner was more dangerous even though he had a single laser only(though I suspect it does the same damage as a laser battery shot from a capship turret, nut like the ordinary fighter laser)

Sartha only were dangerous in groups of 3 or 4.

Pakhtans (the ships seeing destroying the Behemoth in the video shot) are torpedo bombers that were dangerous to capships more than approaching fighters.

Vaktoths just had the capability to carry light torps and were not designed to be used as bombers, they were a stop gap measure. Vaktoths became less nimble when mounted with heavier weapons (the t-bomb had the same effect on the Excal).

Ok then I believe... doesnt that make three bombers in WC3? Vaktoth, Sorthak, and Pahktans? Which was the main class of bomber

Back