Which games are you playing now?

the__phoenix

Spaceman
:confused: Does anyone know a Wing Commander MOD, which is playable?
There is Wing Commander Invasion, a great idea and good graphics, but you can't play it, because the computer enemy wont build anything (and I don't have a private LAN). The Freespace 2 TC comes without Capital Ships (what is Wing Commander without them?), the Homeworld and Conquest MODs aren't playable at all (jet). The very good looking Vegastrike (I'm especially waiting for this game) only offers 5 Mission and some ships and WC: Standoff isn't finished either. I don't want to insult any of the developers of these games, they are really great and in some months everything will be different,
but rigth now, which games are you guys playing?

The Wing Commander Zone subspace mod is complete and is a lot of fun. Although I haven't played it in a while <G>

I don't usually play many games, aside from Wing Commander... but I just upgraded my computer, so I'm messing around with a whole bunch...

Wolfenstein 4D: Like regular Wolfenstein... with an extra 'D'! RtCW is a pretty nifty 3D shooter that's loaded with delicious nostalgia.

Civilization III: Like regular Civilization II... with an extra 'I'!

Dune Emperor: Like regular Dune... you get the picture. DE has neat FMV. And there's also a crazy insect-based RTS game, Empire of Ants, that I'm playing.

And, of course, the crazy Japanese sex game from ace's Happy Chat Zone.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
And, of course, the crazy Japanese sex game from ace's Happy Chat Zone.
Yeah, True Love is great fun. Oddly enough, the sex makes it less cool.

mikae.gif

I'm playing Tachyon: The Fringe right now. It's a lot like Privateer with a lot more stuff and Bruce Campbell (from Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, and Xena) doing the voice over for the main character.

I've also been playing American McGee's Alice. It's sort of a sequel to Alice In Wonderland (it takes place after Through The Looking Glass). Her family dies in a fire and she the cheese slides off her cracker. It's an FPS using the Quake III engine. I just wish this game had multiplayer.

I just finished playing Metal Gear Solid 2 and was completely unsatisfied with it. If it weren't for the slick controls and the obsessive details in it, I'd say it wasn't even worth renting.

I'm also playing Max Payne on and off. I rather enjoy that.

I'll finish X-Wing Alliance when I get around to it.

I am playing Alien vs Predator 2 and after that I will continue I-War 2.
I plan to buy Operation Flashpoint too. I have heard it is great !

Max Payne and RtCW which I downloaded fo' free...and I agree with LOAF whole-heartedly, nostalgic!! The Sims, IL-2 Sturmovik...a MUST for WW2 flight sims!

I am playing Battlezone2(quite jerky on my damned pc:( ,but its fun). I play also Battlezone1 but its playing odd tricks on me because of my current graphics card.

Originally posted by Sadic
I plan to buy Operation Flashpoint too. I have heard it is great !

The game is great, but in my opinion is the singelplayer mode far too difficult. If you like making your own mission, you'll love the Editor, which offers a lot of features!

Games im playing now and then, actually i don't spend that much time playing:

Mech Commander 2
Max Payne
Homeworld Standard/Cataclysm
Jagged Alliance 2 with varios mods
Freespace 2 fan-made campaigns (get Backwater Operations released, now! :))
Transport Tycoon Deluxe (Direct-X edition)
Might & Magic IV/V/VII
Das Schwarze Auge, or Realms of Arkania for you non-german speaking lot
WarCraft 2
Master of Orion 2
Privater 1/2

Yes, i quite like those "oldies". Had to rig up a P-166 laptop and put DOS on it though.

Originally posted by Lynx
A fellow austrian Wing Commander fan! Hallo!!:)

Hey Cool! Woher kommst Du? Ich studiere in Salzburg und wohne in Mattighofen (Oberösterreich) sozusagen ein "Erdäpfibaua" oder "Pommesranger" ;)

Mechwarrior 4
F22 Lightning 3
Fallout 2
Need For Speed 3 (mindless but fun)
Shogun
Red Alert 2

And, with the exception of Fallout, none of them have a story that can hold a candle to the WC series.

Was just playing:

Wing Commander Prophecy
Starlancer
Shenmue 2
Confidential Mission
Star Trek Armada

Am now playing:

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Waiting on:

Star Wars Starfighter
Luigis Mansion
Wave Race Blue Storm
Pikmin
Star Trek Armada 2

-Strike Commander (on my old P133)

-Civ III (on my laptop while on the train)

-X-Wing (Replaying the whole series, almost to the Death Star.
Using the updated Collector's CD version)

-NCAA football on my Playstation (I much prefer the version of the Ohio State Football season to what has happened in reality the last few years. Though we did beat Michigan this year.)

The games I've been playing lately are Dune and Jagged Alliance... but I've been really busy with misc stuff and working on WC: Standoff, so it'll take me forever to finish either game, but I guess it's better that way, right? The fun lasts longer!

(Well, at least Standoff is getting some cool new ships in the meantime! :) I hope to be able to upload some new screenshots tomorrow, and send an email to the CIC about getting it to be a nominee in the fan projects dealie. Who knows, it might even get voted on :p)

--Eder

Originally posted by the__phoenix

Master of Orion + Wing Commander would be the perfekt combination for a new Wing Commander game!:D

There's a Masters of Orion III coming out. Perhaps someone will make a WC mod for it.

Back