Where to get secret ops?

They say it's not legal unless you buy P:G, but on origin's FTP site you can download the whole thing under anonymous access...

Well, you could a few months ago, anyway. Usually they're a lot more concious of that sort of thing.

"The whole thing" you're referring to is the main download, with only the first episode.

I just checked their ftp site, as tyedyeboy said, and I think he's right. They do have files inside some "volumes" directories which look like they could be the episodes. Haven't downloaded them though since they're pretty large.

Its not really of interest to me since I already have a few copies of WCP Gold, but if you CAN dload the episodes from the secretops ftp site, then surely that would be legal wouldn't it?

Just out of curiosity too, has anyone had any success getting EA to upgrade your WCP to the Gold version? Before I got Gold I tried to do this, but got no reply at all. Anyone else had more luck ??

They've said the free offer has ended, buy Prophecy Gold. The volumes directory contains the 112MB main package split up into smaller parts for easier download.

I dont think they would still have the full game with all episodes up on some ftp, unless they forgot it was there! Or, if it ends up being the full blown thing, maybe someone inside EA, perhaps one of the members that worked on the thing, placed it there under missleading labeling or other? Would it be possible if an ex-worker of EA do something like that just cause?

RFB

Fine, I'd darely like to buy P. Gold...but you really don't get it anywhere.:)
I'm looking for it but I really never saw it here in Germany. And so...I am still loooking for an avaiable download....

If you want to rape Origin in the ass, fine, just don't talk about it here. Don't insinuate you're doing so either. Read Rule 11.

Ya thanks for that insight. BTW, for your information, I have WCP Gold. Perhaps closing this thread will save face for all.

RFB

Originally posted by Marcml30
Originally posted by KrisV
If you want to rape Origin in the ass...
And Thank you for that graphic visual.

And that you for your redundancy. And by the way, there's nothing neither graphic nor visual at all about that statement. :)

Back