Where to get secret ops?

Cadfael

Spaceman
I downloaded secret ops when it came out and after i played it i deleted it so i am to blame as an idiot a wanker asshole but apart from that does anyone know where i can download SO nowadays????

You can still download the main game engine and sound pak at various sites, although episodes 2-7 are no longer available. If you have Prophecy, you can upgrade it to Prophecy Gold by sending it to EA Direct and 30 bucks, they will send you Prophecy Gold with Secret Ops and all the episodes. See the CIC news archives for further information.

RFB

I think the demo you can still get......but I'm not too sure. Wait five minutes and loaf or tc will have something to say i'm sure.

I was wondering if the core game engine and sound pak were still out here somewhere to download. It would be strange for it not to be somewhere to download with the SO registration site still active!

RFB

If its legal to post the demo and speech pak, I might be able to post it at my site, that is if I have the space for it! But I wont if it isnt legal to do that. So many still try to find the game and cant find it. Just thought it might be a good thing to do to post it for those looking for it. BTW, thanks for the kind words in the other thread Zor. I will make shure it is included in the print out of the thread I am going to give to the family. Im sorry to hear about your friend, it is a sad time for many. May God bless him.

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 04-17-2001 at 15:04]

Your welcome burns.....He was a really good friend of my girlfriend, so she's real torn up about it. He was also friends with almost everybody at school, so it kind of hit us hard. There is a memorial service for him tomorrow. I found out from one of the teachers who goes to my church on sunday. I then had to tell my girlfriend. That, was hard. Thanks burns.

You can still download the main package (112.64MB in one file, or in several parts). It now serves as a demo for Prophecy Gold. Magazines were also allowed to distribute the main package for SO. So you can mirror it if you want to.

Oh boy, 112Mb! :eek: It didnt even occur to me that it was that huge! Hmm...might have to do some wheeling and dealing with isp for that much space!! Thanks for the information KV. :)

RFB

Are you sure you haven't found the other episodes online? I managed to find them all last year. Heck, if it's legal, send me a blank CD and I'll burn it for you. Again only if it's legal. Damn lawyers ;)

Is there any way to get Secret Ops -other- than downloading or repurchacing Prophecy? I tried downloading it, but my 33.6 kbs connection gave out. :(

Originally posted by Lunatic
Are you sure you haven't found the other episodes online? I managed to find them all last year. Heck, if it's legal, send me a blank CD and I'll burn it for you. Again only if it's legal. Damn lawyers ;)

I'm no lawywer, but I'm pretty sure its illegal.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
I'm no lawywer, but I'm pretty sure [burning a copy of the episode files is] illegal.

I'm not a lawyer, either, but I know it's not legal.

<admin>Further requests for the episode files, in this thread, may result in the thread being closed. Even though EA shafted the players, the CIC staff doesn't condone "warez".</admin>

Originally posted by Cadfael
Hey man i am not looking for the demo i am looking for the missions.
Doesn't someone have them on his harddrive??
Posting them can't be illegal because they've been for free anyway!
Guess again. It was a limited-time distribution, and then only from authorized distributors (namely, the Origin Secret Ops Web site). WCSO is currently only legally obtainable by purchasing Prophecy Gold.

Get on ebay, purchase Prophecy for less than 10 bucks, send it to EA Direct along with 29 bucks and they will send you a brand new copy of Prophecy Gold package and all. The CIC news archives has details about EA Direct's offer to upgrade Prophecy to Prophecy Gold.

RFB

Back