Where are the editing regulars?

i'm here, just very rarely and not for very often. summer seems to be keeping me away from editing pretty well, but i still try to get to it every now and then. in case you don't get the icq, i'm very close to finishing the bengal for UE, though it completely replaces the cerberus, so alas, no bengal and hades in the same game. right now it has border worlds markings, but i can change that pretty easily if you want something different. also, i never had wc1, so i'm just kind of assuming some stuff about the ship. the launch bay/hanger type area is in the small indentation on what would be the back of the flight deck if it were an aircraft carrier, right? that too can be moved if i'm wrong.

Ah, excellent. It doesn't matter about the Hades, because the Hades class doesn't exist at this time
smile.gif
. Yes, BW markings are fine. And the hangar/launchbay is indeed the small indentation at the end of the runway.

What about the other ships? Presumably, DH told you what else we need for UE?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah. the problem is still that for every new capital ship, you have to get rid of an old one. others can be converted as corvettes pretty easily, but then they will act like fighters instead of cap-ships. though i actually kind of prefer capital ships that act like fighters. they actually maneuver and attack things and such.

Let's see... you can definitely replace any of the following:

1. Hades (obviously).
2. Midway.
3. Tiamat.
4. Kraken.
5. Alien relay station, gateway, and accretion device. But of course, these are mostly useless anyway because they have so few components.

BTW, would it be possible to edit the Murphy, so that that big gun at the front actually does something? You could, for example, change one of its other turrets into the Cerberus' big gun, and move it up front.

The thing about corvette-like capships is that unless you're damned good with gun placement, they'll all be dead easy to take down. So it would be preferable to have them all as proper capships.

I havent been here lately DH, i do stop by from time to time, but there hasnt been nothing new in this board lately
frown.gif
, but i have some B5 ships i converted and stuff, i had sent it to snuzzle to fix some things, but didnt had response from him...did you received it snuzzle? I'm waiting for you to say if there is something to do with it...until them, there is nothing for me to edit. Have any idea how to release it? Will do the stuff we talked earlier or not? I have received some mails from people asking about it...dont know what to say to them...
Btw, did you figured how to convert capships as wcp capships, not as corvettes? I would be interested in knowing how to do it...

Quarto said:
The thing about corvette-like capships is that unless you're damned good with gun placement, they'll all be dead easy to take down. So it would be preferable to have them all as proper capships.

Not really, i think what matter, is the size of the capship and the guns you put in it...
I've made a really big ship, and even if i put strong guns in the ship, it is vulnerable at several points, i'm thinking about reducing its size...but one B5 omega destroyer that i and snuzzle did, its very hard to destroy it. its so powerfull that its hard even to get in firing range to it...
smile.gif

------------------
Well, its classified... i mean, i could tell you, but then i have to kill you...

That's what I mean, KillerWave. Unless the capship is very small (like the Kilrathi Corvette), it will always have a few blind spots.

Quarto, i dont remember the size of the corvette very well, but im quite sure that the omega is bigger than the corvette, its not small, but the guns used on it arent the regular wcp weapons, they are guns that snuzzle are doing for use with the B5 ships i'm converting...so they are stronger and have a larger range
smile.gif

And Primarch, as i said, im still waiting for snuzzle to fix some stuffs on the ships, if they need any, and give me a response. But i think that the omega and other ships are ok.
smile.gif

------------------
Well, its classified... i mean, i could tell you, but then i have to kill you...

As I said before, ther are several ships that we have no need for in UE so we can replace quite a few if need be. I haven't had time to edit anything in the last oh 4 months. Sounds like you got what I asked for, Snuzzle. Yes, the Bengal will have BW markings still.

I think I've seen a BW shuttle model before, does anyone have this?

Yeah, quite a few can be replaced, though I'd rather keep the Confed destroyers and cruisers - there just might be one or two around in the final missions.

And also, does anyone have the Kilrathi shuttle from WC4? And if not, could somebody convert it?

BTW, DH, you may want to check your e-mail. Because we've only got five days or so left before that mid-July deadline.

KillerWave: Yeah, but if it takes unconventional weapons, then we can't do it.
smile.gif

I have that kilrathi shuttle.
smile.gif
Snuzzle converted it and i made some changes (like adding engine flames), just need to rotate it...it was upside down and i didnt put into the right position yet...
And i have a kilrathi fralthi II from WC3 and other kilrathi ships, let me know what you want.

------------------

Quarto, just sent the kilrathi shuttle to the e-mail on your profile. Let me know if it needs any adjustments. I think the position is right now.
smile.gif

------------------

Yep, the e-mail's here. I'm trying to download the attachment right now.

...Got it. I'll check it out right away
smile.gif

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted
smile.gif
. Granted, I'm not quite sure what to use it for, but it's what I wanted
smile.gif
. The only problem is the VDU image which looks an awful lot like a Condor SAR
wink.gif

Anyway, when it comes to Kilrathi ships, all we really need is the Fralthi (I, not II) and the Ralari. Both models are already in existence, thanks to the WC1 conversion project. Oh yeah, a Killie transport (WC3) would be nice, if you have one.

Hmm... I wonder, do you guys feel like a challenge?
smile.gif
Because it would be good if the Ralari actually had a pair of hangar bays - but that would mean changing the actual mesh.

Quarto, the VDU is from the SAR, i can try to do a new VDU for it, but as far as i know, the new VDU must replace an old one...
So if you want it, let me know what VDU to replace. Its the Kilrathi transport from WC3 that you want? Does anyone know in wich iff file it is? Because i ripped the tre file from WC3, but i cant fin it...just a destroyed version of it,
frown.gif

If you need any more ships, let me know.
smile.gif
I have some from Armada and WC3/WC4.

------------------

[This message has been edited by KillerWave (edited July 10, 2000).]

It is the Kilrathi transport(WC3) and shuttle(wc4) that we are hoping to get. If you can't get the Kilrathi (3) transport, could you get the Armada one? We shouldn't need any Armada fighters, although having the Wraith would be interesting(minus leeches). You can email me at bricer@hotmail.com.

Actually, I'm thinking more along the likes of the Jrathek, DH
smile.gif
. But I don't think there's any point fitting any more fighters into UE. I mean, we've only got eight missions as it is. Though maybe we should use the Salthi on the losing path
biggrin.gif

KillerWave: As DH said, if you can't get the WC3 transport, the Armada one would do nicely. Unfortunately, I have no idea which iff it might be. Have you checked them all, or just the most obvious ones?

You can replace the SAR pic. We won't be using the SAR in this one, because the BW use Avengers for that. Oh yes, that reminds me. Could you get an Avenger done up?
smile.gif
There's already a model, but I'm not sure if there's a VDU image for it.

Just sent the VDU for your e-mail Quarto, just put it in the "mat" directory and it should work fine
smile.gif
. Let me know if it needs any changes.

About the WC3 Kilrathi transport, i tryed to find it again, but didnt had luck.
frown.gif
Im tryng to find it for some time now. The problem is that the WC3 iff files that you get from the tre file doesnt come with the name of the fighter like in WCP, there is no reference...just a bunch of numbers. To find a ship, you need to use the windows find program, and look for the ship name (part of it actually) inside the iff file, i already tryed ktrans, ktr, trans, scout...and several others (any ideas?), but all i find its the detroyed version.
frown.gif

The WCA kilrathi transport, you can get at my page: http://hermes.spaceports.com/~kwave/index.html
in the ships section. There was some problem with the model that didnt allowed me to do a perfect collision tree for it, but the one i used seems to work fine.
And DH, i dont actually have Armada, so i cant get ships from there, i got the Armada iffs from a guy that wanted me to convert them, but tell me what do you guys want and i will try to contact him and get the iff. I do have the Jrathek Quarto mentioned (its from Armada?)

Quarto said:
Could you get an Avenger done up?
smile.gif
There's already a model, but I'm not sure if there's a VDU image for it.
Avenger drone (???). What do you mean? Do you want me to convert a model or just do a VDU pic for it?

------------------

Back