What's Your Favorite Video Game?

jayson18

Spaceman
What's Your Favorite Video Game?

Hey everybody,

I recently caught a few ads on Spike TV for their upcoming Video Game Awards (it airs Dec. 14th but I'm not sure what time, check out their website if you want) and thought to start this thread to see who everyone thinks should win the award for game of the year. Maybe we could tally up the replies here and then compare them to which game actually wins that night? It might be cool too to send these results to Spike TV after we're done, especially if our favorites aren't on their list. So I'm going to dig around and try to find a way to contact them too.

Here's this year's choices from Spike's website (if you don't agree, just put down your favorite):

Burnout 3: Takedown (Electronic Arts)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games)
Half-Life 2 (Vivendi Universal Games)
Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Konami)

Also, what's your all-time favorite? (I'm predicting Super Mario Brothers and CS will top the list here.)

Thanks everyone and I'll keep you posted on who wins in case you won't catch it.

Jason

Lynx said:
Wing Commander

What a coincidence, I am also a fan of this "Wing Commander" game, though all indications point to Mario Brothers and Counter Strike topping the list.

I voted for Halo at SpikeTV, though Burnout was pretty good.

Counter Strike at the top of the list at a Wing Commander board? Hmm...

Anyway, my most favorite game is Crusader: No Remorse... Deus Ex is behind by a millimeter.

Favorite Games: Wing Commander and Marathon Series

Followed closely by most of the Command & Conquer games

Yeah, I guess I have been a pretty big fan of every Command & Conquer. So where's the results of the SpikeTV awards? I was gonna watch them, but I had to work, and I was looking forward to coming home and checking out the winners. I don't feel like going to the horrible SpikeTV website though.

Given that the original post is asking us to *judge* something *before* it happens, being prejudiced would seem to be a requirement for posting to this thread.

What is the "Wing Commander" game you are talking about? I have never heard such a thing. Of course the best game ever is Tetris.

1: Freelancer (particularly with the Reckoning mod)
2: Ricochet Lost Worlds
3: GTA VC (with the Liberty City Mod)

I know they're all older games but my systems laggng behind the curve! :p
Anyway WC will always top my list of favorite games. It transcends number 1 in my mind, driving me to improve for the next round, which is probably why I've let my system specs slip recently. :D

NuclearPenguins said:
What's wrong with GTA?

Nothing really wrong with it I guess. I just have always thought the GTA games were way overrated and I'd hate to see it win over Halo 2 or Half Life 2. Eh, it doesn't matter that much anyway I guess. As long as I know what games I like.

Gunstar Heroes, WingCommander2, GTA:SanAndreas, FinalFantasyVII, C&C, VandalHearts, Civ2, Half-life.

Wing Commander 2, Age of Empires 2: Conquerers, Starcraft/Brood War, Counterstrike(sorry), Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, and Tyrian.

Back