What's Your Favorite Video Game?

I loved Bionic Commando. If you were like me, you'd spend the whole first level just collecting bullets to get those green life things. That game had a fun story and really cool music. Definately one of the best Nintendo games ever. Remember that Hitler looking guy at the end that blows up? That was weird. Why did he look so much like Hitler. And I liked it when you did the Wire Tapping thing in the Comm room and sometimes they would trace it and you'd get attacked. It was actually kind of scary cause all these alarms would go off and everything.

One of the most unfortunate things about that game was picking the wrong communicator for each level and getting that ga ga ga thing. Or sometimes certain levels required you to go in with a certain kind of gun to destory a wall. So on level 7 I think it was if you didn't go in with the three way gun you had to start your whole game over. And level 6 required the rocket launcher.

Good times.

The end boss looked like Hitler because he was supposed to be Hitler. In the Japanese version, he is Hitler, and the eagle symbols have swastikas above them, and the enemies aren't called "the Badds."
And it's a lot easier to get a higher life bar if you hang out in an area that has soldiers dropping from the sky, instead of doing it on the first level.

Wing Commander gets my vote for best game of all time. If I were voting for just this year then Halo 2 gets my vote.

Nappydman said:
The end boss looked like Hitler because he was supposed to be Hitler. In the Japanese version, he is Hitler, and the eagle symbols have swastikas above them, and the enemies aren't called "the Badds."
And it's a lot easier to get a higher life bar if you hang out in an area that has soldiers dropping from the sky, instead of doing it on the first level.

But in the first level they are all falling from the sky. They're falling from everywhere.

Nappydman said:
I like Galaga. And Bionic Commando, and Operation Flashpoint is pretty sweet too.
If you play the Resistance addon online, look me up some time. I'm usually lurking on the TPC or ETA server. ;)

I'm a huge Gordan Freeman fan. Its a shame HL2 didn't sweep the tv awards, but the magazine awards are what counts and they havn't finshed judging yet.

Spike managed to avoid the Half Life 2 hype that seems to be everywhere. Or maybe I read planethalflife too much.

What's with everyone spelling Gordon with an 'a' nowadays? Is Gordan Giricek (basketball player) that big a basketball star?

I blame the english language (American english esp.) for making all vowels sound alike :D

My favourite game of all time is Deus Ex, with Privater coming in a close second. I don't know of any other games that old that I still play (though I have played a bit less lately ;) ).

Wing Commander II
Command & Conquer
Civilization
Privateer
Freelancer
Deus Ex
Conquest Frontier Wars

that pretty much sums up my fave games.

Say, has anyone tried Uplink: Hacker Elite

i don't know, man.

too many to name.

although, the fallout and baldur's gate series are very high on my list.

My list of favorite games...

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (Arcade)
GunBlade N.Y. (Arcade)
Mega Man 2 (NES)
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Resident Evil (PS1)
SSX 3 (X-Box)
StarFox 64 (N64)
Virtua Fighter 2 (PC)
Wing Commander: Prophecy (GBA)

I'd have to go with
Half Life
Wing Commander IV
Half Life 2
Tie Fighter
Wing Comander 2
Battlefield 1942
Wolfenstien 3D
X-Wing
Knights of the Old Republic
SWAT 3
Police Quest was fun
I guess thats about it for my favs.

http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29873#29873 post your favs of all time at pcgamer, they're going to do an artical on it. I've seen a few Wing Commander games on there.

bombus said:
What is the "Wing Commander" game you are talking about? I have never heard such a thing. Of course the best game ever is Tetris.

I disagree, clearly its Pong.

Ed

I always Liked Wing Commander, WC2 being my favorite along with S01 + 2, followed by WC1-sm2. WC3 and 4 tie for the next spot... 4 rates better in story/ video and 3 rates better in game play.

Aside from WC, I Really enjoyed the Space Quest series back in the day.
Lately I've played alot of simcity 4. I've also enjoyed deus ex and Half-life 2.

On the Playstation I liked Dino Crisis 1 (Hated 2) and Metal Gear Solid.
I have wc3 and 4 for it as well but I'd rather play them on PC. Atleast WC4 had analog and dualshock support, despite it beind neutered down to only 4 disks.

I Kinda wish someone would make a good adventure game. Most of the recent ones have been crap.

Back