Whats your favorite fighter and capship

Fighter: The Steltek drone (impressive track record, faster than the Arrow, cool green glow) or the Steltek fighter (way ahead of its time)

Capship: Steltek Carrier

I agree that the Vaktoths were hellish to try to take down--probably the best Kilrathi fighter of any generation except for maybe the Gothri. But I disagree with the "especially in a Hellcat" comment. I actually thought the Hellcat was the best matchup against the Vaktoth (until the Excalibur came onto the scene).

The Arrow could keep up and stay on their tail, but the Vaktoth's rear gun would shred it (the Vaktoth was too fast to execute the slashing attacks that work well against Paktahn's), while the Arrow's light armament took forever to punch through the Vaktoth's shields and armor.

The Thunderbolt was slower than the Vaktoth, you'd get one good shot in to take down their shields, and then they would afterburn away from you, fully recover their shields, and come around for another pass.

Longbows were almost useless against them.

Only the Hellcat had both the speed to stay with the Vaktoth, the shields to safely ignore the rear gun, and the firepower to actually hurt the Vaktoth in a reasonable amount of time.

Maybe I was just playing on a different difficulty than other people usually do...

Farbourne said:
The Arrow could keep up and stay on their tail, but the Vaktoth's rear gun would shred it (the Vaktoth was too fast to execute the slashing attacks that work well against Paktahn's), while the Arrow's light armament took forever to punch through the Vaktoth's shields and armor.

The autoslide was quite usefull to avoid the rear gun...

Here we go... for the 1000000th time:

Fighter: Rapier II
Capship: Ralatha (just for the one in WC2 that fires anti-matter guns at your Broadsword... that WAS one hell of an experience)

Fighter, Confed- Bearcat
Fighter, Kilrathi- Vaktoth / Gothri (I go back and forth)

Capship, Confed- TCS Tiger's Claw
Capship, Kilrathi- Fralthi II class Cruiser

Fighters: Dragon, Bloodfang (I loved fighting Thrakhath)

Capship: The, as yet to be outdone design for versatility and survivability, Bengal-class Strike Carriers. They are some badass motherfuckers! Aside from the Hakagas, of course...(my fave Kilrathi capship).

<--- See the name?

A Raptor for sure. Was and will always be my favorite. The mine comes in handy when an enemy is right on your tail, drop the mine and break turn. Worked for me twice...

Favorite Fighter: Banshee WC4, It had an almost perfect balance of Speed Manuverability defensive shields and Armor.

Favorite Capship: Thats a tough one It's a tie between the Bengal Class Strike Carrier and the Ranger Class Light Carrier. The Bengal could go anywhere and do anything on it's own if need be and could take a pounding and make it back to base. The Ranger showed that an old and outdated ship could still kick some butt and make a difference in the outcome of the war.

Capital Ship - Bengal Striker Carrier

Fighter - Sabre (Almost the best all round fighter I like)

Hum... raptor, Excal, Banshee...
Vaktoth, gratha and the Jrathek. The sartha was suprisingly dangerous with those neutrons.

Caps: Bengal, waterloo, WC3 Cruiser, Plunkett
Ralari, Fralthi, WC3 Corvette (too small for a torp, but fucking deadly anyway... Damned Tachyon turret).

My favorite fighter is in WC3 the Excallabur

My favorite capship...call me old fashioned is the Concordia from WC2

Light Fighter:Hornet/Pirahna (for armament)
Heavy Fighter:Raptor/Bearcat (probably my all-time favorites)
Kilrathi Fighter:Krant Medium Fighter (just love shooting them down)
Capital Ship:Not all that crucial for me, BWS Intrepid at the moment

Back