Whats your favorite fighter and capship

matthew954

Spaceman
Ok, this post is somewhat self explanatory ~~~. What is everyones favorite starfighter and capital ship? Me, I have to lean towards the Rapier Mark 2 and the Bengal Class Strike Carrier. I think the Rapier has the best all around armor and speed, and definently comes packing! The Bengal Class for one thing just looks cool, and from playing Unknown Enemy it can take a real pounding.

The Krant (long range, high refire rate, good armor), and the Hydra class cruiser (nice shape, lots of missile turrets).:)

Fighter: the Bearcat. The Raptor and the Excalibur are both close seconds, but the first time I flew a Bearcat, it just felt like the cleanest flying WC ship I'd ever flown. Plus, it mounts a withering armament, has good shields, and looks really neat (kind of like the Northrop XF-23 Black Widow ATF that the real life Raptor--the F-22--beat out).

Cap Ship: The Waterloo Cruiser. Looks really neat, and seems to be the ultimate versatile capital ship--excellent in capship vs capship battles, excellent speed (for a cap ship) and very good light carrier.

Fighter: From before playing Standoff, I would have to say the Arrow was my favourite, just because of it's amazing speed. However, having played the simulator missions on Standoff, i'd say the Crossbow, just because it is so strong.(I never got to a point in other games where I flew the Crossbow)

Capital Ship: Not sure about Cap Ship... For classes, I'd probably have to say the Ranger Class, just due to the fact that it is such a venerable carrier which has stood for a long time... Same goes for my choice being the TCS Victory.

Love those Terran craft

I'd have to say my favorite fighter is either a toss up between a Rapier Mk 2 or a Raptor. Both have great firepower, armour, and manuverability. The Raptor is a bit dated though.

Favorite capital ship is probably the Coventry(?) class cruisers. The ones from Prophecy/Secret Ops. Seems to have the best balance of speed, armour, big gun firepower, smaller guns, and its own fighter compliement.

I like the Cerberus from Secret Ops. For the fighter...It depends on what Im doing, but I'll say Shok'lar from Armada.

My favorite fighter is the Black Wasp. Those dust cannons kick ass, the swarmer missiles are effective (+ nice missile trails) & that booster pack for "warp speed"
And the Concordia is definitely my top Capship

I'm pretty much a closet Hellcat fan myself. I like the clean look and the "little bit of everything" you get out of it. As far as Cap Ships, its a toss up between the Gilgamesh and the WCIII/IV Destroyer.
BTW, anybody have any idea which was the class that comprised that destroyer squadron at the battle of earth, that rammed the Kilrathi carrier in Fleet Action?

I liked the Gothri the most I hated dog fighting with them but they were total power houses. My fav Capship would be Prince Thrakhath's Flagship in WC2 it looked awesome. Does any know what the stats for it were?

I liked the Gothri the most I hated dog fighting with them but they were total power houses.

The Gothri was a darned impressive piece of machinery -- did you know they carry *six* torpedoes standard? The things are monsters.

My fav Capship would be Prince Thrakhath's Flagship in WC2 it looked awesome. Does any know what the stats for it were?

I don't know of any stats for it, but it's a Rigakh-class Cruiser.

Fighter: Banshee (UBW). I like the speed and the fast refire rate of the lasers. plus 8 missiles and 2 alternate fire modes give it some sharp teeth. I used to like the Bearcat then I went back and played with it again and I didn't realize how far apart the guns were set. I kept having to rotate my fighter so I was level with the target to even hit it :(.

Capship: Tough one... I'd have to say either a WC3 Kilrathi Dreadnought or the Vesuvius. Just like the way both look and I get a rush when I afterburned through the Vesuvius's hanger (is it me or is it lower than other hangers. I felt like I barely had room above and below my fighter)

I have to split it between Kilrathi and Confed ships, I couldn't choose.
Confed Fighter: Dragon
Kilrathi Fighter: Korlarh
Confed Capship: Victory
Kilrathi Capship: Dreadnought

Also, might I suggest we have a voting system for the Ship Database 2? I would be like the monthly poll, but permenant, with votes for best and worst fighters. This kind of thread has been done many times over.

Border Worlds Banshee, I have always loved that fighter since the first time i flew it however the Centurion is a very close second. For the capitol ship i would have to say the Vesuvius when it comes to carriers and the Confederation Class when it comes to general combat ships.

fighter: Hands down the strike Sabre, nothing like being able to tangle with the kitties then going in to knock the crap out of a cap ship

Capital ships: Sorry guys, but your gonna have to tote my dead body out of that Wake Island CVE i'm using in WCAAO:D

Confed: Excalibur/Confederation, Kilrah: Jalthi/Fralthi or Ralatha (toss up as to which Kilrathi Capship, they were both pretty cool designs)

I remember getting toasted so many times in my first days of WC by Jalthi that I have a soft spot for it- when I go back to playing the original WC, I still get a sense of cold satisfaction everytime I see one go up in a fireball. Honorable mention goes to the Vaktoth as a close second for being the most annoying fighter to kill (especially in a Hellcat) with their habit for constant afterburning and rear-turret use.

Bombadier said:
Favorite capital ship is probably the Coventry(?) class cruisers. The ones from Prophecy/Secret Ops. Seems to have the best balance of speed, armour, big gun firepower, smaller guns, and its own fighter compliement.

Confed didn't show a Cruiser in Prophecy, but the Plunkett plays a big role in Secret Ops.

Fatcat said:
Also, might I suggest we have a voting system for the Ship Database 2? I would be like the monthly poll, but permenant, with votes for best and worst fighters. This kind of thread has been done many times over.

The ships database is in the queue for an overhaul down the line at some point. There won't be any new features right now. These threads are a lot better than regular polls and rankings though. People talking about why they like certain ships is done best through Crius here.

And as the only person here with a Wing Commander ship in their avatar, I don't think I need to go into much detail about my favorite fighter.

Back