What's More Impressive?

Penguin

Spaceman
The Kilrathi fleet at the end of WC3 or the Confed fleet at the end of WC4?

------------------
Aide: "The Japanese ambassador is here to see you."
Politician: "Is he angry about my protest over their continued whaling?"
Aide: "I'm not sure. Does he normally carry a harpoon?"
The Politician by David Fletcher.

Definetly the Kilrathi fleet, they had dreadnoughts, lots of carriers and helluva lot of support ships. The Confed fleet had one Vesuvius, 3 or 4 standard fleet carriers and less support ships (from what we can see).

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

hehe, I love playing that mission right before the destruction of Kilrah to see that huge fleet in orbit.

------------------
Peace cannot be kept by force, it must be achieved through understanding.

I've never seen the WC3 losing scene
frown.gif
. One of these days I really have to take a look. But it's so damned hard to allow myself to be defeated
smile.gif
Fortunately, the Dralthi over Washington are shown on the back of the KSaga box. Such a lovely scene
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also a carrier, a light destroyer and a cruiser.
smile.gif
That scene is great, and when Thrak asks you if you want to live or die, he he. I liked that one.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt a whole lot of ships survived the blast from Kilrah, even the Hvarr'kan was heavily damaged, so that leaves a few dozen ships, mostly heavy you'd think and whatever was deployed.
Prior to the blast the fleet was immense, all the ships were finishing repairs and upgrades, that fleet would no doubt have been superior to what confed had at the end of WC4, which was beginning to become obsolete, within what was it five years or so, half the fleet was falling apart or just outdated.
I have often wondered why confed still uses the ranger class, it sounds like they were in use when Tolwyn was an ensign, and they were old then. It's a good thing the class was renovated.
I wonder what it looked like before then, maybe it was like what it is now minus the superstructure.

The Rangers weren't used since WC3, (at least not by Confed, if there ever will be another WC novel the Landreich could be using them) Confed uses the Rangers in WC3 because they have 2, or 3 fleet carriers left IIRC. They needed every ship they can get.

OT, I just got through the Save The Ralari mission in WC1. YAY! (and it took me less than 20 tries)
smile.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 31, 2000).]

I eject over Tamayo 2 and go to the losing ending. (Personally I think it's a whole lot cooler than Blair in a shuttle in the winning end.) It's pretty cool when that Kilrathi foot slams down upon the Terran skull.

------------------
If i'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

It's cool that the Kilrathi have stamped out all human life on Earth?

Don't eject after driking like a fish you really get chewed a new hole by Eisen.

Yes it is. (at least for the Kilrathi) And Dralthi5 is Earthworm's loyal warior and Earthworm is Prince Thrakhaths callsing than..... a shi*t I gave out my cover, no get away from the submit button, nooooooooooo!!!!!!

All of you apes will die by this time tomorow. Ha
wink.gif
ha
smile.gif
ha!!!!!!

------------------
Gen. Patton

And just because I have so much honor I'll tell you when we'll attack, so you can get ready. Launch our fleet!!!! Now!!!!!!! My fleet should be near Earth in 5 minutes, so that's all the time you'll get.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Uh-oh. This is spreading fast...

Bring the Paddy Wagon!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Nope, I became Thrak first. TC's just copying me, cause everyone knows Earthworm is cool.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Hmmm... What happened.... I wasn't paying attention. Someone is better than me now??? I think I have to get ready for a fight now...
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

You dare to chalange me TC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

------------------
Gen. Patton

Good, than you will be distracted when we fight.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

I think I'll just ignore you now.... This is starting to get stupid (stupid is fine, but violent stupid is bad
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

You're the one that wanted to fight TC.
wink.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 31, 2000).]

Back