what would a flashpack do?

What is that, a hedgehog?

Did anyone else hear of that guy in India with elephantitis of the testicles? It was 150 pounds. He had to carry it around in a wheelbarrel.

My meaning "I have better thing to do" means to go and eat ribs for dinner. But i cant do that right now, and our penis's are bigger than our already huge balls.

I rest another statment of fact.

[Edited by redwarf_64 on 04-22-2001 at 04:48]

One would hope that one's penis would be larger than one's balls... otherwise how would one be able to insert it in anything without one's balls getting in the way and preventing that.

And Supdon, that was pretty stupid... I mean... if you had balls that big you'd have sex all the time, now walk around with a wheelbarrow.

TC

kissing.gif

redwarf, I think that you've unfortunately stumbled into something way beyond you. Participation at this point is futile, and attempting to mediate is well outside the boundaries of your capability.

I'm sorry, i'll leave. But will still watch as you fling insults at each other and then laugh when one gets shut down. (just like i was)

Its true, the guy had a testicle that big. And just who are you thinking would have sex with someone carrying around their testicle in a wheelbarrel? Its because of a lack of nourishment and disease (or whatever it is that causes elephantitus) that it is that big.

We're told, in WCIV no less, that in an atmosphere, a flash-pak can be used to destroy a building. It probably can't be used to destroy something like an oil well or Iraq or some water.

Confed doesn't use them because they're a) useless and b) immoral, as already stated.

If you're some immoral a-hole who's obsessed with pretty, shiney weapons regardless of their implications, you can say that Confed doesn't use them because they don't *have* any. An evil organization bent on starting a war between Confed and the Border Worlds developing them doesn't mean they're a universal new weaponry. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

b) immoral, as already stated.

But, um, isn't the Behemoth and the Temblor Bomb immoral too? So how come everyone was all shits and giggles about that? Granted, they're useless and I don't really give a fly horses anus that they don't use flashpacks anymore. But things like that piss me off alittle. They don't use a weapon that destroys a cap ship but they did use 2 weapons that take out entire planets.

hmm...something a bit immoral about that

And I know they were fighting an alien enemy which would have had people maybe be no-so-caring about them, but weren't we talking about them being used on the bugs? Who would be objected to the equivalant of a giant can of RAID?

I wouldn't...

The flashpak is immoral because it boils people alive. Almost all weapons have the same end result -- dead people... it's the method of killing them that decides whether or not we use them.

As for the Behemoth and Temblor Bomb... they were both very, very immoral weapons -- if you'll recall, the implications thereof in the Wing Commander III novel. Blair and company had significant doubts about using them -- until it was absolutely certain that the war would be lost without them.

And *everyone* would object to "the equivalent of a giant can of RAID" -- because that would be a bioweapon. And Confed doesn't do that. We don't treat the enemy as lesser beings because they look different... that's what the *Kilrathi* do.

It's also worth noting that Behemoth was *not* approved as a weapon to attack civilian populations. Confed approved it to scare the Kilrathi -- by destroying military outposts and threatening them into surrender (or, at least, to force them not to deploy their bio-weapons...). Tolwyn ordered the attack on Kilrah without authorization.

Tolwyn slaughtering civilians without permission:)? Whodathunkit?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The flashpak is immoral because it boils people alive. Almost all weapons have the same end result -- dead people... it's the method of killing them that decides whether or not we use them.

Agreed. But from the WC4 intro the flashpack kills in seconds. Burns, blast and fragmentation from conventional weapons can take hours or days to kill. Arguably worse, conventional weapons can leave people maimed and hence cause months or even years of suffering. The flashpack (somewhat unrealistically, perhaps) kills everyone.

I don't think you can support the case that it is an especially cruel weapon.

Good idea Viking. It's almost the guillotuine (sure I spelled it wrong) of the future. You know, "humane" deaths but being able kill en masse. Still a terrible terrible weapon, but no worse than the aforemention Behemoth and T-Bomb.

But, of course, all of that aside it is still useless. Unless they upgrade it...yeah...YEAH....(just kidding)

[Edited by Ladiesman^ on 04-22-2001 at 19:12]

Lots of inhumane weapons kill quickly -- nuclear blasts, bio weapons... remember Blair's reaction to learning what the Flash Pak did?

A shot to the head can result in instant death, a missile can wipe you out before you even know it. The flashpak burns you alive everytime.

I can't believe what we are talking here, killing is killing, cold or hot blood, c'mon people.

Back