What will the Next WC Game Be?

A WC that follows WCP/WCSO would have to address the who bug thing somehow, even if it's by some guy saying they never showed up again.

The concept of a prequel is very good. Preques are hip. We could have a WC past more advanced than WCP, what would be really good.

EA could also consider using the WC franchise to other genres, say, a FPS. Hey, space guns and talking cats, what else you need.

I think 'WC as another genre' has always been a pipe dream. They're not interested in weakening the brand when it's succesfull (ie, that stupid C&C FPS game) and when they're not making WC games they're not making any WC games.

GeeBot said:
The Nephilim, after Secret Ops, never show up again. . .
As of SO, Confed has a wormhole :) If no more bugs come through, you can be damn sure Confeds gonna go 'explore strange new. . . ' oops

C-ya

Guys guys guys...
Lets all admit it - the bugs sucks, thats why god inveted us the DDT....

We all however would LOVE to kick some kitti butts once again, be it back before or in the early days of the war, during it (personaly I prefer back around WC1 time - 2650's) the end, or even a new reborn, Very evil, VERY VERY fundementalisticly religous, NEW Kilrathi empire...

all as long as we can kick the damn cats once again!!! :D :D :D

HammerHead said:
Guys guys guys...
Lets all admit it - the bugs sucks, thats why god inveted us the DDT....

We all however would LOVE to kick some kitti butts once again, be it back before or in the early days of the war, during it (personaly I prefer back around WC1 time - 2650's) the end, or even a new reborn, Very evil, VERY VERY fundementalisticly religous, NEW Kilrathi empire...

all as long as we can kick the damn cats once again!!! :D :D :D

I dunno...... Personally, I wouldn't mind flying a mission or two with them. They fought pretty well. Having a few of them on our side would certainly have been nice.

ChazZio said:
I dunno...... Personally, I wouldn't mind flying a mission or two with them. They fought pretty well. Having a few of them on our side would certainly have been nice.

You'll be able to fly with'em - Confed has her Society of Mandarins working for Kilrah, and the Empire has her Rebels of Ghora Kor working for confed....

You will be able to fly with the rebels...

assuming your not one of the humans who'll fly for Kilrah...(what will also give you a chanse to fight with them...)

The rebellion on GK doesn't happen till the mid 2650s and even when we defended the rebellion in SO, we never fly with kilrathi except for hobbes

ChazZio said:
Yeah, I never got that part. I would think the Kirathi should have helped more in Secret Ops.

I thought they did...
any way, a future game can fix this problem...

But I guess my main point is - I rather kick some more Kitty ass... :D

I'd like to see a Prophecy sequel. But I imagine the next game to come out would be either a prequel to the KW or a WC1/2 remake or a new Privateer since a few space trader sims have recently come out. Hopefully after those are made we get that sequel. Obviously, whatever comes out will have some amount of multiplayer involved.

I'd also like to see WC in another genre. FPS would be cool. Renegade did really well for C&C.

Warning: Optimist Post

Okay as I see it, (if we do get another WC game) a prequel will be made first--probably at the very beginning of the war. Hopefully, many will buy the game wanting more. If enough people get into the game, they will furthur the story and go to the end of the war with the same characters--or at least to WC1 or 2.

If a new franchise erupts for WC, then Prophecy Gold will be resold and a sequel put into production based in Nephilim space with a new cast of characters(no casey--guy who played him I think doesn't want to come back, he didn't for SO). Depending on how many people like it and the likelihood of saleing big will determine how complete the story will be.

ending optimistism

Are we limiting are selfs just to Cat's and Bug's? Aren't there any other enemies out there that haven't been discovered yet? Maybe the Kilrathi and Confed team up against some new enemy or something. That would be cool. You'd get to fly with the Cat's and maybe have some cool new enemy to beat up on.

Or, else they could just do KS again. I'd love to see Some WC1/WC2 fighters in todays graphics.

Hmm . . . a new enemy that both Humans and Kilrathi are threatened by . . . that sounds like a good ide- . . wait . . . They already did it.

"The most awaited game of all times is finally out, today April 1st 2004!
Wing Commander: Profit

Become Bob nar Steltek, a young Steltek who was raised by a human and a kilrathi and joined the Terran Confederation Space force just as the most terrible threat ever to befall the galaxy comes to rise...

The Mopok Consortium!

Now humans, kilrathi and a single steltek (who may or may not be related to Christopher Blair) fight together against an enemy that may bring destruction to the whole known universe!

Buy now at your local game store!"

I think what would need to be touched by a next game are the other aliens in the universe (varni, ka, wu, etc) even if only mentioned, and maybe deal with the other side of the Confederation like Avalon, Hawkings and Argent (Not necessarely bringing in new enemies). Having something else about the Double Hellix might work too...I find it hard to believe that since first contact in 54 (?) there was nothing else about it (other that the very brief mention in wcp)

- K

Well, I for one wasn't limiting myself to cats & bugs when I outlined some possibilities for doing a bug-less post-WCP sequel. However, just for reasons of continuity, you have to deal with the fact that Confed just fought a mini-war (yes, a one carrier war, even if it is a megacarrier, is a mini-war) with a strange race who may or may not be coming back Real Soon Now. And no, a side note in the manual will not do it. *mumble mumble*

Maybe what I'd like to see is a sequel with a new cast and crew on the other side of the Confederation (using some ideas recently mentioned), presumably on an unimportant backwater while the real hard core warriors are patrolling Proxima or something, waiting for the next big strike. Except unbeknownst to Confed, while the Nephilim are licking their wounds, there's a sudden attack in, say, Gemini, from yet another race (YAR?). So then you have the undergunned newbies (rather than the overgunned Midway band) fighting off a desperate holding action while they wait for reinforcements. That would be a good way to gradually transition from the Nephilim storyline to a new one, inside the gameplay (IMO). On reflection, WCP did something similar, with the move from the Kilrathi to the Nephilim, so it's probably not unreasonable to think that EA would come up with something like this, plot-wise.

Ehh, even WCP had two carriers. :) (The Eisen moved *ahead* of Midway - it may have seen more action than we did...). There was apparently action all over the place in Secret Ops (involving at least one more carrier - the former Mt. St. Helens...).

I don't think the Nephilim war can be described as mini war. Sure you could get that impression from playing WCP alone but the SOPS fiction made it rather clear that the Confederation was hard pressed in some systems. IIRC, there were 2 millions left dead or so. I haven't the fiction at hand but I think quite some systems in the Vega sector experienced casualties.

Back