What was it about WC:P?

No. "Maverick" is just the default callsign (and "Blair" is the default last name). You can backspace and change it, if you want to.

I think WCP gameplay was awesome but in one aspect: it is still too easy to knock down a capship, despite the CAG and the ICIS trying to convince us of the opposite all the time. They should make it almost impossible for a single bomber to destroy a ship as big as a Tiamat or the Midway.

I specially liked the new missiles and the dynamic communications during the missions.

I loved being able to bounce off other ships without damage when you had shields. That's so much fun. :D

Originally posted by Starkey
I think WCP gameplay was awesome but in one aspect: it is still too easy to knock down a capship, despite the CAG and the ICIS trying to convince us of the opposite all the time. They should make it almost impossible for a single bomber to destroy a ship as big as a Tiamat or the Midway.

Well, the truth of the matter is probably that you aren't so much "destroying" the cap ship as you are immobilizing it and knocking out its operational "brain". If a ship can't move, and operations section has been wiped out, then its effectively been neutralized.
There's at least one mission in SO where a bug capship fires capship missiles at a base AFTER you take out the bridge and engines, which seems to indicate to me that some minor functionality remains, even after you've effectively "killed" the ship (drove me nuts, because I was actually able to target the missiles before the ship died and launched them - couldn't kill them, though - presumably a bug).

I had that problem too...although the torps moved at a snail's pace, so it didn't much matter. The torps probably aren't supposed to fire after the ship is dead, but they probably programed them so they fire no matter what. Like you said, a bug.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There. It's fairly hideous, but it's slightly less hideous than TC's rank. So enjoy... Captain Johnny Captain Johnny.

Ah.. very nice!

Thanks!

-Johnny:D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There. It's fairly hideous, but it's slightly less hideous than TC's rank. So enjoy... Captain Johnny Captain Johnny.

That just hurts :( Mine isn't hideous :(

Originally posted by Hoops
I had that problem too...although the torps moved at a snail's pace, so it didn't much matter. The torps probably aren't supposed to fire after the ship is dead, but they probably programed them so they fire no matter what. Like you said, a bug.

No, these missiles fire the moment the ship is killed, so that part isn't a bug.
What WAS probably a bug was the fact that they could be targeted (but not killed) before they were fired.

Maybe they had to program it that way. They could use the regular ship spawn ('cuz they'd spawn through the hanger). Although I don't see why they couldn't make a new function for firing a capmiss.

Wing Commander Prophecy certainly had a pretty nice looking carrier... the design was very awesome... Gotta love the MIDWAY. :)

Wing Commander Prophecy certainly had the best carrier. Luckily the carrier was nicely designed, because I feel that any carrier except for possibly the Concordia, would not have been able to handle that desperate situation.

THough the Midway was nice, it felt more like a luxry liner than a military carrier.

As for the missles, LOAF would be a better person to get answers.

The Midway did have a Luxury liner feel to it, but you have to admit that the design was much more battle hardy and was better designed.

Back