what prophecy/secret ops fighters can fly in atmosphere?

Originally posted by Raptor

What? The Sheffield and the Coventry in real life were both guided missile destroyers. And I'm not sure what you mean about cruisers translating into frigates. The British use the exact same classifications for warships as Americans do.

Eh? Sorry, I'm not up to speed on this stuff...I meant that our frigates translate into their...um, destroyers, I think, and their frigates translate into our guided missile destroyers. Or something like that...I do know that the definition of "frigate" varies widely, and that a British admiral used the name with different meaning.

So what does that make the Caernaven? :D

{BTW: I'm not sure what you mean about the Vindicator and groundpounders. I flew the Vind all the time. -ALL- -THE- -TIME-. Unless I had a Dragon.]

[Edited by Bob McDob on 04-28-2001 at 20:34]

Ah, a fellow Vindicator fan. Did I mention that the Vindicator Cult is always looking for new recruits? :)

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 04-28-2001 at 22:38]

In the weird side of this, i never had a favorite ship in WCIV (except the Dragon), The Hellcat is boring and mediocre, the Longbow very Slow, The Banshee..... Four LASERS C´mon isn´t WC1, The Vindicator is like a Pig, And the Avenger....Well a Brick (yes, i know the BW ships have Alterntive Guns, but only the Stormfire is usefull), the only one the Dragon is good, but of course is ¨Special ship of the *WCIV* month¨, but all the ship of WCIV are Cooless.

And the Banshee 4 Lasers, 4.... they are nuts, why 4 lasers
and the ooohhhhhh mighty Scatter gun, you can fire once per 3 or 4 sec. approx., what a crappy ship
4 lasers..... and they use the name Banshee for that thing

what are your guys favorite ships from WCP/WCPSO? I'm a fighter sort of guy, so here is my full WC list:

WC: Rapier
WCII: Epee
WCIII: Excalibur
WCIV: Dragon
WCP: Vampire
WCSO: Panther (with those cool new purple guns! :))

Originally posted by Ghost
What is the ¨Vindicator Cult¨???
you sacrifice speed for armor ???

The Vindicator Cult is kind of a running joke in the Aces Club. The Vindicator is probably the most disliked ship from WC4, but there are a few of us who loved it and and who would defend it everytime the topic came up. Hence, the Vindicator Cult. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Mav23
what are your guys favorite ships from WCP/WCPSO? I'm a fighter sort of guy, so here is my full WC list:

WC: Raptor
WC2: Saber
WC3: wish i had it
WC4: dragon
WCP: wish i had it
WCSO: BlackWasp

Originally posted by $tormin

WC:Raptor
WCII:Sabre
P:Centurion
WCIII:Thunderbolt VII (My favorite fighter of all WC)
WCIV:none....if i must to choose, Dragon
WCP:Wasp (I love the *Robotech* Missile AKA Swarmer)
P2:Freij MKII
WCSO: I haven´t this one :(

In WCII I hated the Rapier II ( I think it was a R. II) and the Sabre. The Rapier's "superiority factor" was heavily lowered than from Wing Commander I. The Sabre, don't get me started, this is their "best fighter..."? Come on, every time I went out on a mission with that thing I either had to restart due to death, or I came back with no missles, no shields, no armor, horribly busted up. I would prefer to take the Epee out against the final Kilrathi base in WCII any day over the horribly engineered Sabre.

Okay, now that I'm vented... ;)

I would prefer to take the Epee out against the final Kilrathi base in WCII any day over the horribly engineered Sabre.
The odds 1:infinity... do they exist at all? :)

okay, who here AGREES with me on the Sabre thing?

And DON'T dis the Epee... it was cool, even if it packed no "long distance" punch and had no shield... it's just the only WCII fighter that would work for me.

okay, who here AGREES with me on the Sabre thing?
Oh I do... the Sabre just doesn't have enough armour for it to be reliable under fire... IMO... despite the good armament...
And DON'T dis the Epee...
I know you don't... it's just that, IMO again, it's even worse than the Sabre... it's the crappiest fighter in WC II... :(

[Edited by mpanty on 04-29-2001 at 01:29]

you really think that? I found it was the only fighter that held together long enough to survive in a heavy fighter fight on the first run. For me anyway.

Back