What one thing do you want to see most in UE2?

What one thing do you want to see in Unknown Enemy 2?

• A long winning path

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • A complex branching system

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • More ships from the previous games

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Brand new ships

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • High emphasis on plot

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • More carriers

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Character animation in FMV

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • An inbuilt fiction viewer

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Raptor
PS: When UE is released, I can put out a news release to the Aces (I run the club's mailing list) letting them know about it. If you guys have a specific message you want to go out, just mail it to me at theraj@es.co.nz, and I'll send it on.
Cool, thanks :).
PPS: I noticed the Vindicator was absent from that ships list. Don't tell me the Vindicator Cult has to start breaking out the shotguns....
Well... yeah, there's no Vindicators... it's a long story. Although there was no way to fit the Vindicators into the main campaign, I had originally planned to include it as a flyable ship in the simulator. Unfortunately, the WC4 model, when converted to SO, seemed to have holes in it. So, we ended up with a Bearcat instead. However, because since that time Eder has started on a Vindicator model, I'm pretty sure the Vind will make it into UE2, and quite possibly into the actual campaign rather than just the sim.

Jammy, ground missions are a possibility, but it's too early to tell. Corvettes would be cool, though there are no specific plans for anything like that (the Venture from WC1, however, is one of my favouritest ships).
Actually, on balance, the thing I'd most like to see in UE2 are regular website updates, as seen in UE1. Even when there is little to report, its still good to know that the project is actually still alive. On the same note, it's good that there are individuals involved who are able to keep the project going and the various contributers co-ordinated. So thanks to Pedro, Quarto and everyone involved!
Thanks :). It's a struggle to keep those weekly updates going (heck, we've only done it for the last half-year), but it's one thing we most definitely will not neglect in UE2. I find that regular news updates actually speed up the progress, since you always try to get something done in time for the next update ;).

Originally posted by Quarto
However, because since that time Eder has started on a Vindicator model...

It's done already, now it just needs an UE2 style texturing. Because UE2 will have either a defined texturing style or a modeller whose name isn't Eder ;)

--Eder

I guess I'd hafta say I vote for all of the above, except for the new ships item. I figure, let's get every possible WC ship in there we can; THEN we can putz around with creating new ones.

First thing: It's the best game I played the last months.

It was so cool that it inspired me to model an Hellcat with BW textures.

One thing to be in the next UE: the allmighty scattercannon. :)

Originally posted by Lynx
It was so cool that it inspired me to model an Hellcat with BW textures.

Lemme see it. Give it here; fork it over. :D

------------------------------
BTW, don't we already HAVE a built-in fiction viewer (problematic though it has been thus far...)?...

Originally posted by Lynx
One thing to be in the next UE: the allmighty scattercannon. :)
It would be possible. HCl already made a patch to SO to make a gun behave as a scatter gun. Wheter we use it or not for UE2 is yet to be decided ;)

Cool!

In-game fiction viewer would be great if you can get the bugs worked out.

"Talking heads" a la WC1/2 would be a great addition if you could get people together for a photo shoot.

You know what I think would be really cool (I'm not up on the WC mod scene so someone may be doing this already) would be an entire game played from the POV of a Kilrathi.

Inbuilt fiction viewer is something I really want... and today I figured out exactly how, assuming HCl can't do a miracle that doesn't require a work around :) Its based on an idea that Eder came up with from Standoff but combined with a bright idea we had back when we didn't have the proper compression for speech.

Re: Cool!

Originally posted by Jumper
You know what I think would be really cool (I'm not up on the WC mod scene so someone may be doing this already) would be an entire game played from the POV of a Kilrathi.

I concur.

Would it be possible to make a tractor beam for SO? I think HCI has already made a patch for a leech gun so the two might go together for some mission variety.

Hey, is there a name for the "grille" video effect that the UE opening/intro movie scenes are shot in? I mean the fact that the shots seem to be "grid-like". You know: the screen seems sliced into horizontal bars, and every alternate one is slightly lighter/darker than the one above & below it (like yer lookin at it through some sorta grid)?...

I dunno if I'm describing it real well, but reminz me of the format the WC4 cutscenes were done in. It sounds kinda crappy to read a description of it, but it actually looks kinda cool to watch...

Originally posted by Pedro
I really highly doubt a tractor beam is possible but maybe hcl knows something I don't

What exactly is the problem?!
I mean besides that I don't know how to do a beam weapon (graphically speaking) I think this should be able with the current functions.

Originally posted by Preacher
Hey, is there a name for the "grille" video effect that the UE opening/intro movie scenes are shot in? I mean the fact that the shots seem to be "grid-like". You know: the screen seems sliced into horizontal bars, and every alternate one is slightly lighter/darker than the one above & below it (like yer lookin at it through some sorta grid)?...

Interlaced video?

You can turn that one on and off in WC4Windows, WCP and UE.

Back