What must i exactly do that my WC1 and 2 will worked?

Now its worked. But it too far. When i used MOSLO than he wrote by WC1 can´t open Install.dat and insert 30. DIsk??? What can i do? At WC2 comes the message can´t open Origin fx. What will i do to become this games slower? Its very quick. I dont know when i die.

PS: I had a pentium 500 with 128 Ram.

------------------
Be a Kilrathi Killer :)

[This message has been edited by Maestro (edited January 27, 2000).]

Yeah,I also got troubles with MOSLO!
Someone explained to me how it works:
MOSLO /xx.x PROGRAM.EXE

But when i type this,my computer hangs up himself most of the times I try!Just the blinking DOS-_ _ _ _ _ _ _!
I am not able to type anything more and so have to restart!

Sometimes,he doesn`t hang up,but after typeing it,nothing visible happens!Is there anything that should happen (or not happen)
after typing for example MOSLO /70.0 WC2.EXE?

have I done anything wrong for not getting it worked?

Please,help me!

I MUST play WC II again (in normal speed!!!!)

You must type for example.
MOSLO /70 C:\Games\WC2\WC2.exe then it will started. But at my desktop will come can´t started Origin fx. I have problems he? And when i started so its run to fast.

Stardust: ich hoffe ich konnt die helfen. Wenn du weiterhin probleme hast kannst dich ja nochmal melden. :)
------------------

[This message has been edited by Maestro (edited January 27, 2000).]

Do you have also the probs with Origin fx???

Star: wäre dir dankbar wenn du mir sagen könntest ob es bei dir 100%ig lief.

------------------

Is anybody out there who can me explain why my Moslo not worked? In WC1 comes the message cant open Install.dat. When i start without Moslo its VERY quick. WC2 is the same thing there comes the message cant open Origin fx. The selm problem when i start without moslo how at WC1 Quick quick quick. Its not a pig ok! Its GIGAfast. Thanks for help!

------------------

Oh! I just figured out what is probibly wrong. Move to the WC1 or 2 directory... (cd\games\wc2 or whatever) and then run Moslo from there.

WC1&2 are probibly (like most games) coded to find files in the directory in which the command shell was in. If you are in a directory that isn't the WC directory then it can't find the files (in this case the install.dat file and the Origin FX files)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I will try it right now. And then i give you the answer.

Thanks

------------------
Be a Kilrathi and Nephilim Killer!!!!! :)

Know it works with Moslo. But its fast. What must i write when the directory are, c:\Games\WC1
I had a pentium III 500. How slow must he be?

Thanks

------------------

Just try various percentages... eventually you'll find one that works (if you can't make it slow down then there is another, more confusing (I actually use this way) way to slow things down by disabling primary and secondary CPU cache (I can talk you through it I think) so if it doesn't work after trying different things and reading the .txt files that came with it then return here)

Does WC2 play at the right speed (other than the movies?)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

yes wc2 are the right speed, in the game. When i will read what the say,i must really quick read. WOW.

------------------

He,Maestro!
Das hat nicht funktioniert.Das selbe Problem wie immer:Ich tippe,und er hängt sich auf!
Nichts mehr zu machen,nur noch der blinkende
DOS-Strich!Dann muss ich neu starten!

ich hab Moslo in wc2 installiert und alles geschrieben,wie ihr es gesagt habt,aber es geht einfach nicht!

Bitte helft mir!

He,Maestro!
Das hat nicht funktioniert.Das selbe Problem wie immer:Ich tippe,und er hängt sich auf!
Nichts mehr zu machen,nur noch der blinkende
DOS-Strich!Dann muss ich neu starten!

ich hab Moslo in wc2 installiert und alles geschrieben,wie ihr es gesagt habt,aber es geht einfach nicht!Was soll eigentlich passieren,nachdem man den befehl eingegeben hat?

Bitte helft mir!

(Mist,Doppelpost
smile.gif
)

[This message has been edited by Stardust (edited January 28, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hei Stardust. Sorry das ich so spät reagiere. Es ist halt wochenende und die Freundin(nein nicht der Compi der ist nur an 2 Stelle :) )pocht auch auf ihr recht.
Also TC hat mir das erklärt. Nach dem ich WC2 mit moslo starte, lädt er nun bei mir das spiel ohne problem. Und das programm ist nun wirklich langsamer. ICH KANN DEN TEXT LESEN. Tja warum er sich aufhängt weiß ich auch nicht. hat er dir jemals geschrieben das er zu wenig speicher hat oder so? beim installieren zum Beispiel?? Also ich schreib dir nochmal wie ich mein WC2 nun starte.
Ich habe moslo in mein WC2 verzeichniss kopiert. anschließen habe ich in dos in dieses Spielverzeichniss gewechselt und dann folgendes getippt:
moslo /20 wc2.exe
und siehe an es lief bei mir ohne probleme (Hab einen P III 500, deshalb so weit runtergetacktet)
aber ich glaub das hilft dir nicht weiter oder? Frag einfach mal TC oder Stingray die kennen sich damit aus.

------------------

Sorry it took me so long to get here... been busy with my Java class (but you're not interested in all that, I'm sure).

I'll start out by saying this: run these games in DOS; don't bother with Windows. That's where the OriginFX and Install.Dat problems are coming from (and yes, TC, I do believe the PATH environment variable has something to do with it, but I feel it's better not to lay too many complications on people who ask you to simplify things -- especially when English is not their native language).

Now, Maestro... are you running the games from a CD, or off of the hard drive?

Since you already posted the file info I needed (big thanks to Earthworm, by the way; nice clear instructions), I'll start on the modifications that need to be made.

NOTE: DO NOT MODIFY THE FILES ON YOUR HARD DRIVE NAMED CONFIG.SYS AND AUTOEXEC.BAT!! All modifications should be done to a shortcut or to the files on a boot disk; never the hard drive.

Here are the modified files, with CD-ROM support:

config.sys:
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384
FILESHIGH=25
BUFFERSHIGH=25
COUNTRY=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\COUNTRY.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\MTM\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:MTMIDE01

autoexec.bat:
@ECHO OFF
SET PROMPT $P$G
SET MOUSE=C:\MOUSE
SET PATH=C:\;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MTMIDE01
LH C:\MOUSE\IMOUSE.COM
KEYB GR,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\KEYBOARD.SYS

If you're having troubles with Mo'Slo, I suggest going to the Mo'Slo home page ( http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/ ) and downloading the latest version. Stardust: Likely, that problem with Mo'Slo comes because you have an earlier version of the program that only supports integer values for the slowdown percentage. Try removing the decimal point and just using whole numbers 0 through 99 (or, even better, download the latest version).

Also, Stardust: if Maestro has trouble understanding this, could you give him a decent German translation?

You thought those instructions were clear? I didn't think anyone will understand that.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

He's running it of the HDD :) (I asked at some point
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Stinger:I don`t run it in Windows!
Leaving the last number of the percentage has no use!So I think I`ll download the new version!Thanks for the link!

I`ll translate your message for maestro
(Watch and learn!)
wink.gif

Maestro:Ist schon ok,ich habe mir die zeit mit WC IV vertrieben.Ich mache das mit Moslo genau wie du,aber das bringt nichts!Stinger hat mir nen link für die neuste version gegeben,die werd ich mir gleich mal runterladen!Hoffentlich klappt`s!
Ach ja,er hat mich gebeten,seine Nachricht für dich zu übersetzen,falls du immer noch Probleme hast!Hier kommt sie(Ich geb echt mein Bestes,hoffentlich stimmts):

Ich fange damit an,dies zu sagen:Starte diese spiele in DOS,versuchs gar nicht erst in WINDOWS,da kommen die OriginFX -und Install.dat -Probleme nämlich her!

Lässt du die Spiele von CD oder von der Festplatte laufen?

hier sind die Modifikationen,die in config.sys und autoexec.bat ausgeführt werden müssen:

VORSICHT:Verändere NICHT die config.sys und atoexec.bat-Dateien Auf deiner Festplatte!!!
Alle Veränderungen sollten in einem shortcut oder auf einer Boot-Diskette ausgeführt werden,NIEMALS auf der Festplatte!!!!!

Hier sind die Modifikationen,mit CD-Unterstützung:

config.sys:
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384
FILESHIGH=25
BUFFERSHIGH=25
COUNTRY=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\COUNTRY.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\MTM\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:MTMIDE01

autoexec.bat:
@Echo OFF
SET PROMPT $P$G
SET MOUSE=C:\MOUSE
SET PATH=C:\;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MTMIDE01
LH C:\MOUSE\IMOUSE.COM
KEYB GR,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\KEYBOARD.SYS

Wenn du Probleme mit Moslo hast,geh auf http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/ und hol dir die neuste Version!

so,ich hoffe,das war alles richtig!

I hope this was all right,Stinger!

It´s ok i can read english and i understand it. But wrote this is my little problem. But i gave my very best. Thanks for all help. The games worked fine.

Star: Danke für die Übersetzung. Ich habs auch so verstanden aber in englisch zu schreiben bereitet mir etwas mühe, alles andere geht. Ich hoffe ich bereite damit nicht zuviele probleme.

------------------

Back