What I do NOT like about WC2

Originally posted by Starkey
Still, it would surely worth the price. :D Why couldn´t you play WC with the flight suit? Too heavy?

You can't see out of the helmet very well, and the gloves are too bulky to use with the keyboard/throttle...

You´re incredible, Bob. You´ve just stepped back from the limbo and are already harassing LOAF. :D

Welcome back!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
... And now that I've got the whole joystick/throttle/rudder combo set up, I don't think I could go back...
I'm witcha, bro (though I have a rudder setup thru the Saitek X36 combo, rather than a separate device).

You can't see out of the helmet very well, and the gloves are too bulky to use with the keyboard/throttle...

Yeah makes you wonder to why confed was losing the war!

Originally posted by Delance
Yeah makes you wonder to why confed was losing the war!

It's pretty much *impossible* to play the game wearing a Kilrathi mask and paws... (G)

It's pretty much *impossible* to play the game wearing a Kilrathi mask and paws... (G)

And why would a KIlrathi ever need to wear one of those? :rolleyes:

Well. It's still impossible for a Kilrathi to play the game - because they don't even know about us yet. In fact, they haven't even got space travel yet. So there. You're a double :p with a :p on top!

What happened to the days where you would wear coveralls and a proper flight helmet? I'm not even sure todays fighter pilots wear gloves.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
What happened to the days where you would wear coveralls and a proper flight helmet? I'm not even sure todays fighter pilots wear gloves.

Here in Alaska, our pilots use gloves. Of course, these gloves are made of nylon and Gor Tex. Amazingly, for such thin gloves (thin enough so that they feel natural and pushing small buttons isn't clumsy) they're incredibly well-insulated.

As for why Wing Commander pilots don't use flight suits/helmets is because, well, they're in space. They need to be properly pressurized. Therefore, their gloves and suits are all big, in order to be pressurized at a cozy 3.17 pounds per square inch (or whatever the astronauts used).

I'm just curious why they ditched the BMX helmets and pressurized bomber jacket/space jeans :confused:

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Here in Alaska, our pilots use gloves.

In Greece our pilots use gloves too :D

Originally posted by Col.Dom

As for why Wing Commander pilots don't use flight suits/helmets is because, well, they're in space.

Dont? You mean they Use.... there is no sense :D

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Dont? You mean they Use.... there is no sense :D

HAHA! I meant the traditional kind. The kind Phillip Tanaka was referring to, the "coveralls and proper flight helmet."

I should have been more specific. Sorry :p

I really think the coveralls were a stepback in style from the space jeans, bomber jackets and BMX helmets. I mean, what use is being pressurized when you don't look cool??? Better dead than out of style, I say.

On the keyboard vs joystick issue:
I played WC I the first time with keyboard only. And, for some strange reason, that was the only time I ever beat the Save the Ralari Mission... Even though I obviously fly a lot better with a decent joysick. I personally use the Sidewinder Precision 2, and I'm quite satisfied with it, after two nightmarish Wingman Extremes. Which broke soooooooooo fast. Anyways, I find playing Freelancer with the mouse quite intuiive and fun. Bear in mind that Freelancer is closer to a Hybrid of FPS+Diablo in Space than to most Space Sims.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
What I remember is EJECTING in the WC1 type flightsuits. Now that was funny if nothing else. ;)

That's just weird.

Originally posted by Edfilho
I really think the coveralls were a stepback in style from the space jeans, bomber jackets and BMX helmets. I mean, what use is being pressurized when you don't look cool??? Better dead than out of style, I say.

Yeah people on space ships should dress up like the Matrix gang.

Luvdisc, baby, luvdisc. Don't you take risks, luvdisc. The luvdisc is a fish where we can GET-TO-GETHER #20,930

Back