What happened to the WC Secret Ops???

Saturnyne said:
Then how did I get all 7 episodes from secretops.com a few months ago?
It's simple. You didn't.
smile.gif

There's no way you could get them from that site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturnyne, you used your 4dfx card, and went back to the time when the episodes were available.

------------------
Meson

come see the new Meson's Starport! Now at <A HREF="http://www.mesonstarport.com

Wing" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mesonstarport.com

Wing</A> Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

*L* I'm serious! I downloaded ALL 7 episodes from secretops.com not more than a few months ago! oh well... go figure.

Beat WC3, BTW. Not a spectacular ending, but cool nonetheless. Especially loved offing Thrakhath, and Hobbes.
smile.gif

------------------

§

This message should be quickly deleted or edited by someone, because donwloading SO episodes is illegal. And I should warn you, the admins might get tired of you posting this crap and ban you for the chat zone.

Sorry about that Earthworm, you did nothing wrong
smile.gif
. It's just that once I edited his posts, yours was kinda useless.

Narm Napalm: Whatever your misconceptions about SO are, that's all they are - misconceptions. SO is a commercial product, and it is illegal to distribute the episodes. Furthermore, the site you mentioned IS breaking the law, and the fact that they're a large and well known site means nothing whatsoever.

Yeah... right... whatever... have you guys ever wondered to whom you are helping, and to whom you are ruining with those "policies"? Better use your morals. Is it really helping to make Secret Ops die its slow death, now that the WC series is no more? EA doesn`t give a s**t about people enjoyng their products. Money always stands before fans.
I hope that you don`t mind keeping THIS message, as your site isn`t "breaking the law" anymore.

------------------
Puritanism - The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

[This message has been edited by Quarto (edited October 01, 2000).]

Quarto, I realize that you have to protect the site from being a party to illegal activity, but just because someone posted a link or some such to a Warez site, it doesn't mean WCCIC endorses it... right? Why go through the work of deleting it? As a future computer scientist, I guess I should really be against illegally distributed software and the like, but living in a dorm has fully desensitized me to it. Maybe I just like Napster too much...

My bad, I didn't realize Origin was taking care of hosting, so question asked, question answered...
wink2.gif

BTW, I reread my message and it sounded bad. To clarify, I'm not pro warez, I just live around it and I don't see it as one of the biggest moral or legal issues out there.

[This message has been edited by Wolf Dog (edited October 01, 2000).]

a) It isn't Quarto's site, he just moderates the Chat Zone.

b) Software Companies aren't in the buisness of making fans, they're trying to make money. If they get fans, great, if not and they still make money, its good in their eyes. Origin does not owe you anything. If you want to get one of their games, pay for it like everyone else. Just because they were kind enough to give it away free at one point doesn't mean that you can just take it later. To borrow someone's analogy (I don't remember who's) Its like going into computer game store, buying a game and then picking up another one and walking out with it because there was a 'buy one get one free' sale the day before. Its still stealing.

c) Its not your right to post whatever you want on this board. Its up to those who moderate the board and those who manage the site. They can do whatever they want. They could delete this whole message if they wanted and I wouldn't give a damn because its their space to do with as they please. If they don't wish to have links to illegal materials then they can remove them.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Thank you TC, I couldn't have said it better myself
smile.gif

In most cases, I use my own judgement, but in the case of SO links, I go strictly by orders from above - Kill All SO Links.

And if you don't like it, Norm Napalm, you're free to leave. If, however, you wish to stay, read the Rules & Regs. You've already broken rules 1, 2, 5, and 9.

Narm Napalm: What TC said, plus.

1) EA owns the server this site is on.

2) EA is the only company that can bring the WC games back.

3) Just because we don't support piracy (which is what downloading the SO episodes is) doesn't mean we support EA.

4) All companies that make games or movies do it for the money, they don't give a damn about the fans as long as they get plenty of profit.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 01, 2000).]

That's cool. I was really just wondering if discussing anything illegal was taboo, just warez, or just SO warez. Not that I plan to discuss speeding or other minor crimes I may commit, but I'd like to know so I don't make any additional work for Quarto in his moderating duties.

You can discuss that sort of thing, but there is a limit. The real taboo is, obviously, posting links and/or telling people to e-mail you for details.

Any kind of Wing Commander piracy is taboo here. That means warezing the games, distributing MP3's of the official soundtracks, and so on. Piracy in general is strictly forbidden too, although the consequences of WC piracy would be far more severe.

For the record, the CIC is no longer located on EA servers.

Although turning this board into the "CIC Warez Zone" would be pretty illegal, that's not the only or main reason we wouldn't do it. We're not in the business of screwing over the companies that have given us thousands of hours of enjoyment.

Back