What do you look for in the girl that you date?

Originally posted by pygmypiranha

Cars don't always work... I speak from personal experience.

Neither do women (or men) for that matter sooo....

Do classic cars=women? Indeed ;)

Skyfire: Me too. But, like Dralthi5, I'm not the... expert in making stuff happen. So to speak. *Cough* Well, we communicate under civilised circumstances, which is definitely a plus.

Originally posted by Soma

Do classic cars=women? Indeed ;)

hehehe...no they don't....I used to have a 1929 Ford Limousine (until the breaks finally went...I still have it, but I don't dare drive it anymore)....it did NOT get the chicks...perhaps it was a bit TOO classic...

Now I drive a '94 Cavalier, although I what I really want now is a '74 Thunderbird with a white paintjob and a pink interior.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

used to have a 1929 Ford Limousine (until the breaks finally went...I still have it, but I don't dare drive it anymore)

Psshh, no brakes, that's called character :) I used to have a '70 Monte Carlo that was impossible to stop too, I just pointed it in the direction I wanted to go in and hoped nobody got in my way

Look for personality all the way. Looks are cool but come in a distant second to whats in her heart. If she's loyal, honest, and is someone you can talk to for hours on end then she's someone you want to be with. I met my wife on the internet in a role playing chatroom. We were great friends for years until we decided to go for more. I came up to visit her and meet face to face. She was not only someone I could stay up all night talking to on the phone but she is drop dead gorgeous too. Our three year aniversary is tomorrow *G*

This thread has done nothing but depressed me. :(

Anyway... I don't know what all women you guys know... but the last thing I want is a "well read" woman who likes to talk. I've been around them. Every little thing you do is nagged about because a magazine said it's unhealthy or she read in this *health* book that it wasn't good for you. Now... a woman who you can have a good conversation with and who reads fantasy books, that's different. But personally, I prefer quiet evenings in front of the T.V. ;)

Ummm...mav23, when i said well read, i meant well read, not reads a lot...there is a difference. Reading magazines and health books doesn't make you well read...i've known women like this and want one...reading (well reading good stuff like the greek and roman classics, philosophy, theology, etc) makes for good conversation.
The woman who nagged the hell out of you b/c something wasn't in a magazine or health book didn't do so b/c she was well read, but rahter because she was probably just bitchy

Originally posted by Mav23
This thread has done nothing but depressed me. :(

Anyway... I don't know what all women you guys know... but the last thing I want is a "well read" woman who likes to talk. I've been around them. Every little thing you do is nagged about because a magazine said it's unhealthy or she read in this *health* book that it wasn't good for you. Now... a woman who you can have a good conversation with and who reads fantasy books, that's different. But personally, I prefer quiet evenings in front of the T.V. ;)

Uggg I can't stand women who go for those magazines. Nonono. My wife is a comic book artist. You can see her stuff at www.fanzine.com. She's into Roleplaying and fantasy as well. We're into medevil fairs and the like. Trust me you can find a "well read, talkative woman" who isn't one of those air head types you mentioned.

I never have a girlfreind for long anyway, because I just don't care....

hehe..i'm the best though. I don't buy any presents, I don't pay for anything, I don't go out of my way to "chill" with her, I pretty much don't do anything, because it's really not important in the slightest degree to me.

The coolest girlfreind I ever had though was my last one (it's been awhile...geez...). We watched the last episode of Deep Space 9 together. And then her birthday came. And then it was over.

I am the king of cheap bastards!

I dunno...the whole constant insistence that the imaginary girl must be "well-read" seems really just as shallow as demanding the girl have breasts of utter perfection. I don't think there is a best answer to this question of what to look for in a girl. If all you do is compare every one of your dates to a chart of requirements then you're just going to be miserable. Look around, find people you like for all the wonderful things that they're made up of, and fall in love with them...that simple. Besides...do any one of us even fit our own stringent requirements?

And my serious response to this thread marks my final descent into the depths of evil...

Im still laughing from the first few posts!:D

Advice to younguns, DONT GET MARRIED! Unless you like abuse.

The perfect babe? Not a gold digger, not a nag, not a whiner.

And a certain.. moral casualness.

And of course, not a hog ass.

Back