• Shok'lars attack

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Battle damage plus old age

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted "other" - I think the most likely possibility that players of WC3 were to imagine is that Concordia was in a battle with the Kilrathi around Vespus, above the "Mistral coast" and she was destroyed and fell in the sea... Her fate was no different to that of countless Confed ships during the Kilrathi war.

Why do Strakhas or shok'lars need to be involved?

Hmm, two questions:

- Do we any sources that actually claim that the Concordia was not repaired to its fullest after the BoT? Or is it just because of the fact that she's relocated to backwater duty?

- Do we know anything about the actual characteristics of Phase shields? What makes a Phase shields a Phase shield? What is the difference to other shield types? Do figherts also mount phase shields? Meson shields - well, as Chris proposed, I shouldn't get into that until I understood what Phase shields are about. ;)

Hmm, two questions:

- Do we any sources that actually claim that the Concordia was not repaired to its fullest after the BoT? Or is it just because of the fact that she's relocated to backwater duty?

No, but we do know that the Lunar shipyards were totally destroyed during BoT. So it may have proven difficult for her to be refitted prior to being put on backwater patrol.

Actually, didn't Star Soldier merely say that a cloak was responsible, but not specifically cloaked fighters?

True, so it might also have been a Skipper missile attack...or a cloaked asteroid...or a cloaked officer who hit the self-destruction button. :) S*S only mentions in the Blackfish entry "The weapon that destroyed...".

There were three Concordias, does it make any reference to which one? Or does it just say that name?

Also true, S*S only says ""The weapon that destroyed the Tiger's Claw, Concordia and Behemoth..."

But the first TCS Concordia was destroyed in Action Stations so it's not that one. For the second TCS Concordia, the super cruiser, I don't know what happened to her. Maybe there's something in the Pilgrim novel that I don't own.

But since the TC and Behemoth are so directly related to Blair, I think it's a fair assumption that they meant the Confederation-class Concordia. But it's still an assumption.

Yes, more or less - from Voices of War: "The Concordia was growing rather rickety after years of abuse, and she'd been placed on indefinite patrol status, Code 4." I don't think the idea is so much that she's been abandoned but that she's taken so many hits over the years that she's not easily repairable. Think of the Space Shuttles that will need to be rebuilt from the ground up after some point if they aren't retired, since their core structures have aged after so many re-entries.

I see, thanks. Poor Connie - she wasn't that old. But getting hit by three torpedoes is not helping to reach an old age.

Yes, more or less - from Voices of War: "The Concordia was growing rather rickety after years of abuse, and she'd been placed on indefinite patrol status, Code 4." I don't think the idea is so much that she's been abandoned but that she's taken so many hits over the years that she's not easily repairable. Think of the Space Shuttles that will need to be rebuilt from the ground up after some point if they aren't retired, since their core structures have aged after so many re-entries.

Was her crew stripped off as well? I Mean the Concordia supposedly was home to the best pilots, crew, etc. It would seem a waste to send them to ISS along with thier junked ship.

So indefinite patrol status... I wonder if they held any hopes of refitting her at all and sending her out again a new ship.

Was her crew stripped off as well? I Mean the Concordia supposedly was home to the best pilots, crew, etc. It would seem a waste to send them to ISS along with thier junked ship.

So indefinite patrol status... I wonder if they held any hopes of refitting her at all and sending her out again a new ship.

There's no indication that there was a single transfer of crews, but it certainly occured in a piecemeal fashion to almost every characters seen in WC2 (over a period of several years). I think that militaries usually like to break up groups of veterans to provide leadership to newer, less experienced recruits.

As for refitting her - who knows. It's worth noting that she went down fighting rearguard at a major Confederation base and not on some safe patrol mission...

Yep, especially in the navy, personnel rotation is the norm. People don't usually spend more than a year or two assigned to a particular ship. And in wartime especially, you have a constant need for experienced officers to staff newly-built ships, so the rotation becomes even more intense.

Gday folks
I have been some catch up reading on these threads and came across this particular thread.
I thought I might share with you folks a different perspective on how the Concordia was lost.
If you guys remember Plywood Fiend and I wrote a fan fiction 'Fall of the Flag'
It aint accurate of how it was destroyed but it is a possibility and hopefully a ideal way of the Concordia going down....

Did it involve cloaking devices?

Nope I dont think Plywood and I ever mention anything regarding the use of the Kilrathi Cloaked Fighters.
Should there be?
Although it was the "probable" cause for the lost of the TCS Tiger's Claw althought everyone believe that Blair was crapping on about it.
I believe having the Concordia taken out by a squadron of stealth bombers did not sound appropiate
I felt that the Concordia would be one of those ships that deserve to go down with glory and honour.

Back