What are the cylinders on top of the Tiger's Claw?

adev

Spaceman
Any idea what those two cylinders are supposed to be?

This is my latest 3d modeling project, and I want to know what I'm going to end up mapping those with...

This is after ~40 minutes of work:

pro51.jpg

I'm really not sure... I'll look around to see if I can find a better picture later... All I can tell you from the sprites is they're grey...

I always thought they were some kind of rotating gun turrets, for holding off another cap ship until the carrier could escape. I just figured the detail level on the sprites in WC1 was so low that they couldn't really draw the gun barrels themselves, and just threw the turret bodies on.

Here's a pic of the Tiger's Claw from the Online Claw Marks

tigersclaw.gif
as you can see she has plently of turrets

does anyone have a screen shot from the WC2 intro?

Also does anyone have a screen shot of the Tiger's claw from:
the funeral ceremonies onthe flight deck and the end game when it flys directly over you?

TopGun, I used the images from the Claw Marks as my reference images, as you can clearly see the cylinders, and on the top view there's some kind of plus on top.. not sure if maybe they're supposed to be round on top (but not from the side images).

I was just going to turn them into an area with windows... living quarters, dining, etc.

Originally posted by adev
Any idea what those two cylinders are supposed to be?

This is my latest 3d modeling project, and I want to know what I'm going to end up mapping those with...

This is after ~40 minutes of work:

pro51.jpg

Whoah, that is the most BAD-ASS rendering of the Tiger's Claw I've EVER seen!!!

-Concordia

Yeah.. I wonder too.. I don't think so.. But how could anyone think that's the best model of any kind? He just spent 40 minutes on it..

Re: Re: What are the cylinders on top of the Tiger's Claw?

Originally posted by Concordia
Whoah, that is the most BAD-ASS rendering of the Tiger's Claw I've EVER seen!!!

Come on, people, read what was said. The "most BAD-ASS rendering of the Tiger's Claw" she's ever seen. That means she never saw a better one. Perhaps all the other sucked.

haha, personally the model sucks 100% right now

I'm still in the stage of getting the general shape down...

Back