Well Balanced

Which Fighter do You Consider to be Confed's Most Well-Balanced?

• Scimitar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rapier

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Arrow

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Excalibur

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Hellcat V

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry Dom but as much as I like the Hellcat I had to go with the Excalibur, I fell in love as soom as I first flew it , great everything.

This is an interesting thread but I’m not sure what we’re really talking about by “mainstream” or “well-balanced”. The former tends to be a relative term that would apply to more than one fighter over time (and even at any given time), and the latter lacks reference (i.e., “balanced” as in mission-types, offensive vs. defensive abilities, power distribution, overall weaponry, “flying” capability, what?). (And if you say “all those things”, how is that any different from generally asking which is the “best” or “most perfect” fighter?)

This poll is funny. Apart from the Excalibur, half of the options in it aren't well-balanced fighters at all, and the other half are all ridiculous attempts at multi-role fighters.

But since this is about "balanced" fighters, are we supposed to pick which one's the best, or which one's the most average? :rolleyes:

--Eder

I would vote for the Vindicator but it isn't a confed ship. I guess my other choice would be the T-Bolt, but that isn't here either, so Rapier here I come, but is it the WC2 rapier, WC1 rapier, or WCM rapier?

Ender apart from the Arrow all of the fighters on the list are to a degree well ballanced

Well, I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I don't consider most of those fighters to be balanced.
The Arrow needs no comments. It is an extremely agile and fragile light fighter... as much as I like it, it ain't balanced.
The Scimitar has the armor of a heavy fighter, but a very low top speed, short ranged guns, and few missiles.
I don't know which Rapier we're talking about here, but the WC2 Rapier has little armor and not enough agility to make up for that. It feels like a light fighter with missiles (and no ITTS! ;))

IMO, the WC1 Rapier is balanced (although it lacks endurance a little bit), as are the Hellcat, the Sabre (although it lacks mobility a little bit), the Excalibur and the Vindicator... I mean, the choice of options for this poll could have been better.

--Eder

i am not disagreeing with your choices if I had made the poll it would have been:

Sabre
WC1 Rapier
T-Bolt
Vindicator
Excal
Hellcat

Well, if we're talking a list of balanced fighters, I would throw the Tigershark in as well.

Best, Raptor

The Hellcat was quite poorly balanced imho, not particularly good at anything, I'd prefer something heavier or lighter. So the Excal gets it for me.

Would the Dragon make this list as well? Is it too powerful to be considered well balanced?

Originally posted by Eder
This poll is funny. Apart from the Excalibur, half of the options in it aren't well-balanced fighters at all, and the other half are all ridiculous attempts at multi-role fighters.

But since this is about "balanced" fighters, are we supposed to pick which one's the best, or which one's the most average? :rolleyes:

--Eder

Quiet, you'll scare him away! :p ;)

What about the Raptor? It had a good missle load, kick ass guns (albeit short range) and could take a pounding. Plus it was only 50 kps slower than the Rapier. I would take a Raptor over a Rapier any day.

Originally posted by Eder
(...) but the WC2 Rapier has little armor and not enough agility to make up for that. It feels like a light fighter with missiles (and no ITTS! ;))

(...)
--Eder

Heh? The WC2 Rapier has the max. YPR (10dps) rate for WC2 (not as the only fighter but still more maneuverable than the Ferret e.g.).

I really like the Rapier from WC2, heavy firepower, excellent speed and maneuverability with aedequate protection.

BTW, Raptor and TBolt both rule! :)

Hmm, the poll just says that more people find the Hellcat to be more balanced than the Arrow, that's all.

I, for my part, like the Arrow better than the Hellcat. I admit, though that there's probably only one ship of the WC universe I dislike even more than the Hellcat: The Phantom from Armada.

The Arrow isn't a balanced fighter - it's fast and nimble with light weaponry. In a real situation you wouldn't want to take on too many enemies or anything too heavy.

Back