Well Balanced

Which Fighter do You Consider to be Confed's Most Well-Balanced?

• Scimitar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rapier

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Arrow

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Excalibur

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Hellcat V

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost

Emperor
That is your opinion, if you want OUR opinion make a complete or at least as far as posible complete poll.

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Sorry

Well, I figured everyone else hated the Thunderbolt too. I mean, it was slow, had crappy recoil in its guns (when they were on full) and was mostly a sitting duck.

Sorry, though. Next time I make a poll, I'll try to come up with a mo' betta' comprehensive one that spans all people's tastes.

Col.Dom

Spaceman
yes

I certainly have. Sorry- I'm new at this poll stuff. I was just testing it out.

Besides, isn't this what you higher-ups expect from the "recently-commissioned newbies?"

Haha!

;)

Ghost

Emperor
Rank has nothing to do with knowledge or else, some times, me, a Duke post stupidities or ask lousy questions. :)

Ghost

Emperor
nah, the Hellcat V is AFAIK a multirole fighter. I don´t hate it only i preffer the Thunderbolt, it have one torp for capship hunting, a nice missile payload (6xFF or 6xHS or 6xIR, or a mix of them) also have 6 powerfull guns: 2 mesons, 2 plasma and 2 photon
It´s a little slow (380 kps), but it has very good shields and armor, you can go head-to-head with a Vakthoth and kill it with out a scratch.

Col.Dom

Spaceman
I guess...

But the Hellcat requires skill if you're going to go after Vaktoths! I like being forced to be resourceful with my maneuvers and think on the fly. Almost like the real thing!

Maybe I'm just too much of a showboat! Yeah, I am. I'm the flesh incarnate of Todd "Maniac" Marshall ;)

It's how I fly

It's a way of life

:cool:

Ghost

Emperor
If i must pick one i choose the Excalibur, the best fighter in WC3
4 tachyons,2 reapers, 1 torp and 8 missiles IIRC, a cloack device, M/AM engines, great velocity and AB but her shields are a little thin for my taste.

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Yeah; Agree

I looked at the Excalibur as a glorified Arrow.

Much like how the older, more crusty Air Force people consider the F-15E a glorified EF-111! Haha! Gotta' love the experienced guys...!

NoRemorse

Rear Admiral
In my view, the Excalibur is too perfect... it can't be denied that war would not be so long if it had appeared early...

Col.Dom

Spaceman
well I denno....

The way I see it, it was more the T-Bomb than the Excalibur that ended the war. I'm sure a Thunderbolt with a T-Bomb in its torp.... Darn it! Just proved Ghost right! Argh!

Vagabond said it best- "Talk about your ironies!"

;)

Raptor

Spaceman
Re: well I denno....

Well, a T-Bolt wouldn't have had the jump capability, the cloaking ability or the unrefuelled range to fly that mission.

Best, Raptor

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Re: Re: well I denno

They could've used the Excalibur budget to mod the Thunderbolt.

DoD spending in the 27th century... the more things change, the more things stay the same ;)

Raptor

Spaceman
Re: Re: Re: well I denno

Well, I think a lot of T-bolt fans (me included) would be drooling over the thought of a Thunderbolt with cloak and M/AM drives. I think the effort to develop the Excalibur was well worthwile though. It was one of Confed's best weapons in the Border Worlds crisis, and remains a usefull interceptor and dogfighter even in WC:p times.

Best, Raptor

Mekt-Hakkikt

Mpanty's bane
The Excalibur the most well-balanced fighter? The Excal isn't well-balanced, she's almost perfect, superior speed, agility, protection and firepower.

The most well-balanced fighter (meaning it's an adequate -not power-gaming-level- blend of all) would be the Rapier or perhaps the Scimitar IMO.

And could you have figured out that the TBolt was disliked, I can't remember anyone who doesn't like the TBolt?

But the most well-balanced fighter I saw in all the games is the Vindicator or Panther.

Talyn 83

Spaceman
True. But the Panther always felt like a good-old rapier to me. Very much alike in terms of maneuverability, speed, armor and firepower.