Well Balanced

Which Fighter do You Consider to be Confed's Most Well-Balanced?

• Scimitar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rapier

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Arrow

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Excalibur

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Hellcat V

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is your opinion, if you want OUR opinion make a complete or at least as far as posible complete poll.

Sorry

Well, I figured everyone else hated the Thunderbolt too. I mean, it was slow, had crappy recoil in its guns (when they were on full) and was mostly a sitting duck.

Sorry, though. Next time I make a poll, I'll try to come up with a mo' betta' comprehensive one that spans all people's tastes.

yes

I certainly have. Sorry- I'm new at this poll stuff. I was just testing it out.

Besides, isn't this what you higher-ups expect from the "recently-commissioned newbies?"

Haha!

;)

Rank has nothing to do with knowledge or else, some times, me, a Duke post stupidities or ask lousy questions. :)

nah, the Hellcat V is AFAIK a multirole fighter. I don´t hate it only i preffer the Thunderbolt, it have one torp for capship hunting, a nice missile payload (6xFF or 6xHS or 6xIR, or a mix of them) also have 6 powerfull guns: 2 mesons, 2 plasma and 2 photon
It´s a little slow (380 kps), but it has very good shields and armor, you can go head-to-head with a Vakthoth and kill it with out a scratch.

I guess...

But the Hellcat requires skill if you're going to go after Vaktoths! I like being forced to be resourceful with my maneuvers and think on the fly. Almost like the real thing!

Maybe I'm just too much of a showboat! Yeah, I am. I'm the flesh incarnate of Todd "Maniac" Marshall ;)

It's how I fly

It's a way of life

:cool:

If i must pick one i choose the Excalibur, the best fighter in WC3
4 tachyons,2 reapers, 1 torp and 8 missiles IIRC, a cloack device, M/AM engines, great velocity and AB but her shields are a little thin for my taste.

Yeah; Agree

I looked at the Excalibur as a glorified Arrow.

Much like how the older, more crusty Air Force people consider the F-15E a glorified EF-111! Haha! Gotta' love the experienced guys...!

In my view, the Excalibur is too perfect... it can't be denied that war would not be so long if it had appeared early...

well I denno....

The way I see it, it was more the T-Bomb than the Excalibur that ended the war. I'm sure a Thunderbolt with a T-Bomb in its torp.... Darn it! Just proved Ghost right! Argh!

Vagabond said it best- "Talk about your ironies!"

;)

Re: well I denno....

Well, a T-Bolt wouldn't have had the jump capability, the cloaking ability or the unrefuelled range to fly that mission.

Best, Raptor

Re: Re: well I denno

They could've used the Excalibur budget to mod the Thunderbolt.

DoD spending in the 27th century... the more things change, the more things stay the same ;)

Re: Re: Re: well I denno

Well, I think a lot of T-bolt fans (me included) would be drooling over the thought of a Thunderbolt with cloak and M/AM drives. I think the effort to develop the Excalibur was well worthwile though. It was one of Confed's best weapons in the Border Worlds crisis, and remains a usefull interceptor and dogfighter even in WC:p times.

Best, Raptor

The Excalibur the most well-balanced fighter? The Excal isn't well-balanced, she's almost perfect, superior speed, agility, protection and firepower.

The most well-balanced fighter (meaning it's an adequate -not power-gaming-level- blend of all) would be the Rapier or perhaps the Scimitar IMO.

And could you have figured out that the TBolt was disliked, I can't remember anyone who doesn't like the TBolt?

But the most well-balanced fighter I saw in all the games is the Vindicator or Panther.

True. But the Panther always felt like a good-old rapier to me. Very much alike in terms of maneuverability, speed, armor and firepower.

Back