Weapons

What about Fission Cannons? They are quite impressive...
IMHO, Tachyon guns, Stormfire and Plasma gun rule.
And killing a Remora with a swarmer is quite an overkill.
It's more fun to ram them:D

Skybolt: If you want to show off your skill see how many Remoras you can pick off within the first 5 seconds of the Ray dying. I believe my best was 3.

NoRemorse: You gain more pleasure if you fire the swarmers at something worthy of the swarmer's attention.

I found that ramming Remora's is as effective as shooting them down. And I don't spend my guns on something so lowly as Remora:)

Originally posted by Skybolt
I found that ramming Remora's is as effective as shooting them down. And I don't spend my guns on something so lowly as Remora:)

I don't spend my time too ! I'm just asking my wingmen to do that job !

Yeah, but then again, it is an easy way of boosting your kill score. I just can't belive that shooting down a Remora is worth 1 kill. That's not fair, there's no difference if you kill a Remora or Devil's Ray.

Originally posted by Skybolt
Yeah, but then again, it is an easy way of boosting your kill score. I just can't belive that shooting down a Remora is worth 1 kill. That's not fair, there's no difference if you kill a Remora or Devil's Ray.

Why are complaining? :D

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Why are complaining? :D

Well, yeah. When every snot-nosed kid comes around toting the Ace of Aces medal it sort of de-values the whole thing for people who earned it killing Vakteeth and Sorthaks.

Betya it starts a lot of fights in pilot bars .. "Hey, shrimp! All those kills are for REMORAS, aren't they?" [big fight ensues] .

Heck, "Remora Ace" is probably the worst insult you can call a pilot in the WCP universe.

Respectfully,

Brian P

Remora Ace...hehehe - I really don't get the point of those things, except for easy kills. And it can be rather hard trying to ram into the Remoras - I always switch to my quickest gun to take them out

And I wonder what happened to the Kilrathi rock ships, why Confed never bothered building any, after the success they had against Confed

I wish that you could still chain link missiles in WcP...I hate having to make a couple of torpedo runs and having to wait for another missile to relock

It's also a pity that you can't fire torps onto corvettes anymore...I found that mines are a great way of destroying a Kilrathi corvette, just make sure it's on your six and drop 'em. Autoslide is another great thing to destroy those Kilrathi corvettes as well...even the Piranah can do it!

pendell: AFAIK WC pilots don't keep a specific track of what they kill, just how many.

StarLight: I think Remoras are for swarming helpless craft like SWACS, while you're dealing with the Morays and Mantas. For them to be more effective the bugs should just make them into kamikaze craft, with additional explosives, fitted to make fools of people like Skybolt :p

As for the K'Ha'Haf asteroid ships - how successful could they have been considering the Kilrathi lost ;)

Ditto on your last 2 points.

That's actually a good idea...having kamikaze pilots - it would make it a whole heap harder too...Having to chase down bombers, cap mis AND kamikaze!

I always took the rock ships to be pretty succesful with the amount of trouble I had with them...The big armour, the mines, the guns (were they reaper guns?)

I like leech weapons because I like to paralize my target, creep up on it , then slowly swivel my guns so they point at the cockpit, and fire real slow. I like to play bouncy-bouncy with guns on my ever so cocky opponent!

Originally posted by Wulf
I like leech weapons because I like to paralize my target, creep up on it , then slowly swivel my guns so they point at the cockpit, and fire real slow

Yay, cold blooded murder of a helpless opponent! I'm sure that's fun!

Originally posted by TC

Or you could entertain 'em with the star burst!

"This is how we used to celebrate American Independence!"

:D

Originally posted by TC

Hey, it is fun! I did it playing X-Wing: Alliance multiplayer with my friends. We had Roger Wilco so we could communicate with each other too, so I could hear how they were going to get me back or just get angry!:D

Back