Weapons

StarLight

Spaceman
Just wondering which weapons and missiles people like to use most...

I mean, in Wc3 and Wc4 I was constantly using full guns, never one at a time, and usually saved IRs for Darkets and my HS for Dralthi - instant kills helps heaps...And then in Wc4 I found that one IR seemed to take out any ship anyway

WCP I found I had to keep switching between full guns and stormfire in the Piranah...I reckon that they should have taken out the stormfire, added a bit more power and attached a tachyon. I was always using the charging mass whenever I could, and again, always full guns for the rest of the ships. Unfortunately there weren't too many instant kills, unless you count the skates and lamphrey with an enhanced IR, and using the Swarm missile on anything was always fun to watch

By the way, has anybody else found it strange that the computer pilots never seemed to use the charging mass? And that it almost seems impossible to destroy a Kilrathi corvette by simply going head on?

Why does it seem odd that a corvette can take a fighter head on? It's got the heavier weapons, the fighter has maneuverability and speed. Head on, you're screwed.

TC

For me, it would be Tachyon gun and IR. You can't lose with those two.

The Kilrathi corvette was the scourge of WC3 :eek:

Once you take out the big (tachyon??) turret in the back though they wern't too bad, but yeah. If you dont (like you would have:p ) use invulnerable you really had to watch your sheilds when up close. But they wern't so bad if you come at them from on top and stay out of the line of sight of the big gun.

In Prophecy with WCPedit I put swarmers and trackers on everything. In WC3 and WC4 I usually go with IMREC all the way. As for guns well usually full guns in WC3 , on WC4 I guess it depends on the mission. And once again since I use that great tool WCPedit everything has high gun energy with a 5000 round Stormfire, Tachyon, and Plasma guns. Cheating I know but that way I can play at any level without spending all day complaining about the poor gun loadouts. And yes the Corvettes did seem to move very fast, I mean you afterburn out to them and turn around cause you passed them and BAM, you get hit by it .

Missiles: Mostly IR but if there are other present I use themif I need them. Swarmers and Rocket Pods are cool too.

Guns: Almost always full guns. Exceptions: Shrike, almost only charging Mass and Stormfire, in SOPS only Dust cannons with the Wasp and only PPs with the Shrike.

WCP:

Use "Synchronized" guns options (CTRL-G) on Piranha and
Vampire, Full guns on everything else.

Piranha: Synchronize Ion guns. Allows me to cause consistent damage with out losing additional energy to the laser, which
for me is a waste since it's damage isn't worth the power consumption it steals from the ion cannons.

*Grumbles at the Piranha's gun pool being HALF the size of the Arrow's*

Vampire: Synchronize Tachyon guns, and blaze away with four tachyon guns but NOT the particle cannon. As with the Piranha, I find the damage the little guns do is not worth the power consumption.

WC4: Tachyons and IR all the way, baby.

WC3: Tachyons always -- IR when facing small craft, Leech when facing large. A leech will instantly disable any craft of fighter size that it hits with the same lock time as an IR. Very useful when facing 8 Vaktoth by myself -- 6 missiles later I'm fighting a gun duel with 2 - 4 Vaktoth, while the rest float around like expensive
Christmas tree ornaments.

Priv: Tachyon guns & IR

P2: Ion guns & Proximity Missile.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Pendell, I was starting to think I was about the only one around here who actually liked the leech missles. When Leeches aren't an option I like the IR's. Of course some of the swamrer missles and other enhanced missles in WCP rank up there as well.

On the guns side, I usally went with full guns in what ever I flew and synched them when that was an option. Really liked the Charging Mass Driver in WCP, took a little skill, but that could pack a whallop.

I make use of whatever they give me, but given a choice: full guns and IRs. I rarely ever use any missile outside the IR, unless the loadout is fixed. Oh yeah, CMDs rock!

I'm only going to say this once - WC3 Kilrathi corvettes are not difficult to eliminate at all - only time consuming.

Oooh he has a thing for big guns! Compensating for something maybe? ... Just kiding. :)

There is something about holding a buttload of power in your hands (hey watch you mind) and blasting the crap out of things isnt there!!!:D

My favourite gun is the tachyon. But I also like the [WC4] Heavy Photon Cannon.

The WCP swarmer missile is cool.
For those who REALLY hate the bugs: Kill a Remora with one of them.:)

Call me old fashioned, but the WC4 Stormfire did it for me.

While waiting for the torpedoes to lock on to the Lady Lex, I decided to fire the stormfire and by the time the torps had locked on, Lex was going down.

Talk about rainin' fire!

Cheers

Lynx: Killing a Remora with swarmers has got to be one of the biggest examples of wasteful overkill I've ever seen.

Back