WCP Shields and Armor

This why i put the *?*, but i find the shrike (specially the black one) very good but a little slow.

Nah, even the "Black" Shrike was nothing for me. Although I principally love the Dust and Pulse Particles, I found her energy pool to be just too small to use those weapons really effectively.

Well, the Shrike IS meant to be a light bomber, not a heavy fighter. If you want a heavy fighter, you go for God's gift to the fighter community - the Vampire. mmmmm ... quad tachyons ... aaahhhhhh!!!

Originally posted by Ghost
With the Vamp. there is no challenge at all !!

Oh, I agree. But it IS still the heavy fighter of the pack, not the Shrike. Personally, I feel the Vamp should be a touch slower, and a lot less manouvreable to make it more play-balanced. Like the Raptor and Thud - extreme firepower at the cost of manouvreablilty.

Alternatively, maybe what we need is some decent bug ships to give it a bit of a challenge. Still lotsa small stuff, to keep up the 'swarm' aspect of the Nephilm, but some heavy ships as well. The devil-rays were allright, but too few and far between. They weren't that much of a challenge on their own.

Originally posted by AzraeL

Oh, I agree. But it IS still the heavy fighter of the pack, not the Shrike. Personally, I feel the Vamp should be a touch slower, and a lot less manouvreable to make it more play-balanced. Like the Raptor and Thud - extreme firepower at the cost of manouvreablilty.

Alternatively, maybe what we need is some decent bug ships to give it a bit of a challenge. Still lotsa small stuff, to keep up the 'swarm' aspect of the Nephilm, but some heavy ships as well. The devil-rays were allright, but too few and far between. They weren't that much of a challenge on their own.

Maybe i was misinterpretated, but i know that the Shrike isn´t a heavy fighter but a light bomber.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Oh my God, I didn't think I had to point out that, of course, your shields have to be down as well. :rolleyes:
Picky eh? :)

It wasn't an useless specification, Mekt...
Take the Epee in the following situation: armour gone, but shields fully up... you take one full blast from a Jalkehi and you're space dust...

Well, I know this is not a subject of the thread, but will someone tell me why can't a torpedo lock on a Barracuda?It is a capship,afterall.
And I found Shrike lacking firepower for taking out capship components (plasma gun,anyone?).In prolonged engagements, 2 HT and 4LT just aren't enough. And in dogfight, it handles like a potato.I think Shrike is probably worst ship in WCP, followed closely by Tigershark.

Torpedos only lock on subsystems. The Barracuda has no subsystems (prompting a re-evaluation of capship criteria)

And anyway, dumbfires succeed where all else fails :)

Originally posted by Skybolt
Well, I know this is not a subject of the thread, but will someone tell me why can't a torpedo lock on a Barracuda?It is a capship,afterall.
No idea why.

And I found Shrike lacking firepower for taking out capship components (plasma gun,anyone?).In prolonged engagements, 2 HT and 4LT just aren't enough.
She has 2 HT and 6 LT and I never ran out of torps. I mean, how many heavy capships do you encounter in one mission?

And in dogfight, it handles like a potato.
I think Shrike is probably worst ship in WCP, followed closely by Tigershark.
I agree on the Shrike, she was my least favourite ship in WCP but the Tigershark was the first ship of this "jack-of-all-trades-ships" I liked. Her firepower is considerably higher than that of the Piranha and her maneuvrability and speed are still very good.

She has 2 HT and 6 LT and I never ran out of torps. I mean, how many heavy capships do you encounter in one mission?
There were a couple of convoy strike missions in Sirius (I think) in SO which forced you to manage torps and wingmen seriously.

...but the Tigershark was the first ship of this "jack-of-all-trades-ships" I liked.
Hmm, I found the Tigershark a bit too... plain for me. But I suppose it does satisfy the "General Purpose" criterion well.

It may be that there are some missions where you have to watch that not all torps your wingmen launch are shot down (by Tritons especially) but that's it. (hard enough sometimes :)).

What I liked about the Tigershark was simply that I got something for my tradeoff in speed/maneuvrability (compared to the Piranha) namely really increased firepower. Not like the Hellcat where I traded lots of speed/maneuvrability for no significant improvement (But let's not go again into a Hellcat discussion, everyone has his own preferences).

The Tigershark is simple but good.

Back