WCM movie ships

Supdon, Which aliens, the Nephilim? In which case, no. We don't know enough about the Nephilim to assume they DON'T have any variations of their race that exist like this, in a paracitic form, and given what they are, I would strongly suggest that more than any other race it is possible - we've seen different looking bugs throughout the game, just as we saw all kinds of arachnids in Starship Troopers.

Just a thought.

I was talking about the unknown race that Mulder and Scully are always chasing. I dont think anyone has said Nepheliem in this thread once.

Oh, the shape shifters. They have a name, just can't remember what it is, or what episode it's mentioned in.

There's also the Black Cancer of course... best eps with that were Tunguska and Piper Maru.

Originally posted by akashra
Oh, the shape shifters. They have a name, just can't remember what it is, or what episode it's mentioned in.

There's also the Black Cancer of course... best eps with that were Tunguska and Piper Maru.

The categorical term for critters that can do that is "Xenomorphs"(such as "Mystique", from the "X-Men" movie). As to the specific term used for THESE alien rebels who can do that in X-Files, I wish I knew... Any other X-Philes care to fill us in?...

Originally posted by Preacher
Is it just me, or did all the Terran ships (well, most of 'em, anyway) in the WCM (not to mention the Kilrathi's "Snakeir") pretty much look like flying cigars?
-Preacher

Originally posted by Ghost
Who said that Star Trek is *submarine-space travel* ?

Originally posted by Napoleon
Has anyone noticed that the ships in COnquest frontier wars look just like WCM ships?

Wildshot:
I hate to break it to y'all, but a ferret is actually a kind of weasel. Who the heck thought of that name for a military fighter?... Why not call upcoming jet fighters the "turkey", the "weasel', the "spotted owl", the "hamster,", etc., etc.?.....

In that order:

Yes; Roddenberry?; Yes; and AAAAAAH!!!!! ATTACK OF THE RADIOACTIVE MUTANT HAMSTERS FROM A PLANET NEAR MARS!!!!!

Originally posted by AzraeL
Exactly. The Roman short sword (and most short swords for that matter) was a stabbing weapon, not a cutting.

The gladius (like the one we flew in P \ WCA :))

The categorical term for critters that can do that is "Xenomorphs"(

Incorrect. Xeno = Foriegn or Alien, Morph = to change.

Xenomorph was more properly used in Aliens. Lt Gorman called the Aliens "Xenomorphs" since the creatures gestated and took on the basic premise of it's host.

"Mystique" from X-Men is a Shape-Shifter, which can change it's shape at will.

Theres a diff.

Originally posted by LeHah

Incorrect. Xeno = Foriegn or Alien, Morph = to change.

Xenomorph was more properly used in Aliens. Lt Gorman called the Aliens "Xenomorphs" since the creatures gestated and took on the basic premise of it's host.

"Mystique" from X-Men is a Shape-Shifter, which can change it's shape at will.

Theres a diff.

Actually, there's NO diff... I know my etymology, too, thank you. As such, you are mistaken:

There is nothing in the word that would preclude applying it to critters like Mystique. "Shape-shifter" is merely a descriptive term; If a critter can change its form to something "foreign" or "alien" to it's own native morphology, it fits the definition of a xenomorph.

Whether or not it gestates in a host FIRST (as in Aliens, and in the X-Files movie) is merely an ontological difference. That is to say, it's merely an academic difference that has little impact on the, shall we say, "final product"...

P. S. --Is there any relation of your callsign to the "Lehah" valley of Pennsylvania, home (if I'm not mistaken) of Rolling Rock beer? ;)

wcm ships...

I'm sorry, but I do have to agree w/ Preacher. Capship fighting in the movie was based from submarine warfare, and I really wanted to see a good gun battle! I always liked watching capships go at it with anti-matter weapons in the games.

I might be wrong Preacher. ;)

I was comparing it to "Xenophobia", hence my... er... mangeled term. And for the record, I was going by Science-Fiction terms, not science.

Working in a liquor store, I can safely say that my name is not in reference to "LeHigh" valley, home of Rolling Rock. LeHah is my old phreak handle from back in High School, and is in reference to Batman's "Sword of Azreal". :)

Re: wcm ships...

Originally posted by Wulf
I'm sorry, but I do have to agree w/ Preacher. Capship fighting in the movie was based from submarine warfare, and I really wanted to see a good gun battle! I always liked watching capships go at it with anti-matter weapons in the games.

No, it's not... the 'depth charges' scene is taken from submarine warfare -- but the actual combat (broadsides and such) is a typical flat-navy sea battle.

Did anyone else find it wierd that a tiny ikkle Destroyer could take out a Kilrathi cruiser 3 times it's size?

Suppose it's 'cos all the photon cannons are along the top n' front, whereas some prat of a kittie designer decided that they'd be better spread around the ship an anti-fighter guns.

Fools. MEUHAHAHAHA!

-- but the actual combat (broadsides and such) is a typical flat-navy sea battle.

Yeah, that 2 definitely, but most of the time combat was from long range, and it was normally a torp/missle exchange.

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!"

BTW, the Depth Charge scene was made in respect or homage of Jurgen Prochnow's appearance in the WC Movie, yes? Was it even in the scripts?

Back