WCM Director's Cut

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

The Thrakh'hra and Dralthi were classic Kilrathi designs.

wow, there's another Kat fighter in the movie? Where does it show up? I've only ever seen the Dralthi....lots and lots of Dralthi.

They are like the marines who flies AV-88b and F/A-18 E, they fly from a carrier and have the ranks of army.

No, no other cat fighter -- I was talking about the CommCon ship...

(Although the original script for the movie has Salthi and Krant...)

I thought you said she had a Strike Carrier designation because it could "fly" behind enemy lines for extended periods of time without needing to return to base.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Diligent: Ehh...it's a ship. I guess a civilian transport wasn't really supposed to look extravagant. Acceptable.
Funny. The Diligent fit in better with my feeling that the ships should look more similar to the games' ships. At least it didn't look like a submarine. I don't see why they couldn't call it a Drayman, though.

I liked the Errant, it seemed like a nice design for a civlian light transport.
Oh, so that's what they're called...

The Kitty ships were nice, except for the fact that the Snakeir and Sivar looked similar.

The Thrakh'hra and Dralthi were classic Kilrathi designs.
Yeah, I still can't tell the difference between the capships, but then I haven't seen the movie a dozen times yet. But at least I recall the CommCon ship looking somewhat jagged-like.

Cause it wasnt a drayman. It wasnt even a military transport (well im sure in the unsupped up spy version) and there have to be a million different space craft out there. Besides would YOU want to fly a Drayman with its casutly rate to the cats? Not me those things are flying targets. The Diligent looked like it could manuever a little.

Ghost: They are like the marines who flies AV-88b and F/A-18 E, they fly from a carrier and have the ranks of army.

From the movie. Maniac helping Rosie land.
"Get that nose up Marine..."

I dont think you heard that right because they arent Marines, we've never seen in WC Marines specifically flying fighters. They were all Navy pilots (the Space Force) like Navy pilots flying off carriers today.

I'm not making any calls on whether their Marines or Navy, but thats what Maniac says just b4 Rosie's fighter crashes. I played it a couple of times and thats what it sounds like. Does anyone else hear that or is it just me?

He says that, but he's probably just trying to keep Rosie's spirits up. You know how Marines are supposed to be tough and all that...

A strike carrier is a carrier that is designed to operate alone -- one of the qualifications thereof is that it can fight head to head battles rather than be protected by a fleet.

Rosie's not specifically a marine... although the Space Forces pilots are sort of like modern marine aviators, since they fly off of carriers...

Back