WCFL 2.7 (same crash)

Whistler

Commodore
Sorry to bring this up since the last post was back in 06 but I have the same problem as the OP and Warzog's fix didn't work.

https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/wcfl-2-7-crash.19499/

I did follow the instructions implicitly.

1. Restored backups then uninstalled all applications. Reinstalled Freelancer, then FLMM 1.31, finally the SDK 1.3 (not beta). Same CTD.

2. Tried same procedure but with different FLMM 1.5b. Same result.

I did get a crash report but not sure how useful it'll be:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Freelancer.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1223.11
Application Timestamp: 3e401b79
Fault Module Name: server.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.1223.11
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e401cd4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00021f1f
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Only mod i'm running is WCFL 2.7 and HD textures 1.2

Tried only running one mod at a time but get the same error.

Procedure:
Took off from Bretonia base Durham, trade gate to Leeds, Cruise to Magellan jump hole, jump...now here's the odd part.

Rarely, and I do mean rarely, I'll get that CTD without entering the system.

Mostly I enter successfully...usually a set of Lane Hackers and/or Outcasts on the other side, the go overt and I hit cruise, I go about 2k from the jump hole and POOF...same CTD.

Any help would be hot, and i'll be in #wingnut most of the time to help facilitate a fix.

Drivers are up to date:
AMD Phenom 9950 BE 3.0 Ghz
4 GB on x86 OS (yes I know about it...64 bit in the future)
NVidia GTX 560 Ti, 1 GB Vram (does sound over HDMI as well)
Vista Ultimate 32

Anything I missed? Oh, trying to only run the SP game.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a LOT more testing, I've found there is some issue with the Banshee fighter.

As soon as I see one on the target list not long after I get the same above crash report. Lane Hackers and Outcasts use it so I was confused at first.

Got into range once to shoot at it, recorded one shield strike then crash. Seems to be a LOD or fighter ai command issue and seeing as I have no experience what-so-ever modding FL this is where my part ends...past more testing. Crash never happened until after Mission 04. Maybe cause I got Outcasts on my side early by killing Xenos they wouldn't crash being neutral. Minor problem with SP campaign is it keeps changing your rep so hard to check.

Going to see if I can hack my save game rep, try and fly around them then. Maybe them going overt at me is what's doing it I don't know. Will alter rep and report findings.

Back