WC4 ... Seventh Disc ???

Did you miss something? If they are free-to-download, there is no copyright to infringe...

yes there is... *technically* you can't reuse an image without permission from it's creator, or the person who owns the rights to it. In practice that is far from what happens.

TC

Well ok, I see what you mean... BUT IF THE AUTHOR WILLINGLY MAKES IT AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD ON HIS SITE :mad:, we can assume he agrees that you dowload it, non? :)

non... not really... you are obviously allowed to download it. It's the reuse that is the tricky part. In reality, pretty much no one cares as long as credit is given where credit is due and you make your own copy and don't pull it off someone else's server.

TC

Ok... but as you said... *technically*... plus I don't think the author of the icon gives really a damn whether you re-use his icon without giving credit... :rolleyes:

Easy, guys. All I meant was that I thought it was a little hypocritical to say that we can't attempt to get SO episodes without getting WCPG (I don't need to, BTW), yet say how respectful and whatnot pirates used to be.

No, no, we're not saying they were doing the right thing -- just that their skill with software was worthy of respect.

Originally posted by TC
You obviously didn't meet any of them. Some were quite worthy of respect. It all depends on *how* you do it :)
Okay, maybe not you, LOAF, but I got a little concerned about TC's post, despite the smiley.

I meant every word I said. Some of it was beautiful work. Of course, there were lamers... there are always lamers.

TC

Back