WC4 ... Seventh Disc ???

I probably should have explained that:)

Yeah, they'd need a seventh disk because they didn't have cheap access to burners that could write 72 minute CDs at that time...

Probably not. Back then, a pirate generally was quite skilled (unlike today's "I copied a CD so I'm a pirate" generation), since they also had to deal with copy protection. In the case of WC4, it was probably quite easy to persuade the game to look for certain files on different CDs that expected.

You obviously didn't meet any of them. Some were quite worthy of respect. It all depends on *how* you do it :)

TC

I still remember having tons of respect for the guys that were cool enough to get together and un-protect and distribute my copy of Space Quest 2...

That's right. Hell, I'm pirating something right now. Not that I have to do a lot to get it. It's everywhere, it's not a challenge anymore. Anyway, you're participating in a kind of piracy too. You don't think the admins made that fish pic you're using themselves, do you?

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Anyway, you're participating in a kind of piracy too. You don't think the admins made that fish pic you're using themselves, do you?
But it's probably a "free-to-download" icon anyway... so "piracy" does not apply here... :)

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
But how do you know?
Do you REALLY think someone would pay for all these stupid icons?? :D

Besides, as a general rule, all icons on the Internet are free to download... (or at least very MOST of them)

Back