WC4 Movie Ripping Stuff!!!!

Can I set up the Amiga emulator to play the CD32 version of WC1?

I'll try and get the files into the news & files section for tomorrow.

The FM Towns was a Japanese PC-esque computer system. A bunch of WC games, including WC1, the Secret Missions, WC1 Deluxe, WC2 Deluxe and Armada were converted for it.

And *LOTS* of Ultima games! Origin's first full-speech game (Ultima 6) was an FM Towns conversion.

CD32... now that's a good question. I suspect that yes, it would be possible... but you have to somehow transfer data onto the computer. There's plenty of information out there about how to transfer from Amiga floppies to the PC, but I can't see anything at all about the CD32.

I suggest you read a bit about it, here. This where you would buy the Amiga Forever package (includes the emulator, startup ROMs, and some other useful stuff); they also have links to some discussion boards, where you can undoubtedly find the answers you seek.

Re: GET YOUR WC4 MOVIES HERE!!!!!

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Well, here ya go. Everything you need to get what you want. I can't put xanmovie in it, so if you don't already have it, (it came w/ KS) download the codec for the windows media player. I don't think there will be any sound though if you do it that way. Make sure you read the readme file, otherwise you probably won't get this to work right.

Since geocities is gay, you must right click on the link and select 'save target as'. :( Or you can just get it off a special spot on my site! http://www.geocities.com/zor_prime_007/index.html

Download it here:

http://www.geocities.com/zor_prime_007/WC4MOVIERIP.ZIP

Have fun with it and tell me how it works for you.

It works!!!!!!!! :D

For WC4, at least, how can I extract WC3 movies?

Is there a way to turn off the interlacing when you play the videos via xanmovie?

Respectfully,
Eleazar

Outstanding! After having no success with Ripper, I find that this package works beautifully. More than that, it works perfectly in Win2000 (my preferred OS), in which Ripper did NOT work at all.

Great work ZorPrime...kudos!

Loaf, Just because you cant buy a cd32 anywhere, and amiga wont sell you one, doesent mean it is right to run an emulator for it on your comp - somewhat like the KS situation.

If you have a cd32 and just want to play on a pc - try http://www.retrogames.com - thaey probbly have a load of info on running cd32 games on your pc - i seem to remember the emulation ran into some hitches though : - )

Originally posted by LaFong
I have ks - how do I get xanmovie to work on it's own - if I click the .exe file - nothing happens : - (
I'm not sure that you can. What I've done is renamed the ripped movie files with a .xan extension. When I double-clicked one the first time, I got the dialog box that asked me what application I wanted to use to open the file. I browsed to the Xanmovie executable, selected it, and checked the box to "Always use this application to open files of this type".

Now whenever I double-click a .xan movie, it automatically opens and begins playing full-screen. And FWIW, the PrintScreen button on the keyboard allows you to take beautiful screen shots of the movies. :)

BTW, I have successfully ripped all 6 discs of WCIV with ZorPrime's tool, and have three sets of movies burned to CD thus far. I also have a CD from an old edition of CGW magazine, which had the WCIV demo on it. ZorPrime's tool also ripped the "lost" version of the trailer from its .tre file, so I have that as well! Great tool.

[Edited by OriginalPhoenix on 03-27-2001 at 12:25]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Allright, then... we'll use the PC as the benchmark, and compare everything else thereto?

WC3 -

PSX
Pros: Better quality movies, extra scenes.
Cons: Crappy 3D engine. Hard to control. Doesn't run on PSX2.

WC4

PSX
Pros: Cool black CDs. One different movie.
Cons: Hard to control, slow.

You just have to learn to play a Console, WC games on the PSX were easy and I already told you before and you even posted it to the news section that WC3 works on the PS2. I rented a PS2 and my WC3PSX worked perfectly fine. Movies played, flew 4 missions, not a problem. WC4 doesn't run slow , didn't seem any slower then I remember playing it on my PC or Mac.

Ok Jochen. I've been away for a few days. Open up tre2list that came with the package. You must use that one file number at a time. EX:

Stick in cd 1 to wc3. open up dos prmpt and get to the directory where tre2list is, then type:

dos4gw.exe tre2list.exe x:\movies.tre -e1

Replace X with your cd rom drive letter. What this does is, extracts file listing number 1, to the same directory as tre2list as an iff file. Keep doing this till you get to about 300. That should be enough. Then, you have to sort the iff files. Go thruogh and find all of the ones bigger than 1 meg. Those are the movies. The Only way to view them now is with the wc3 movie viewer in the cic file section. There is a much easier way to view the movies. I found it out yesterday. I'll post it later.

Originally posted by Dynaco
WC3 -

PSX
Pros: Better quality movies, extra scenes.
Cons: Crappy 3D engine. Hard to control. Doesn't run on PSX2.
I'm sure someone here confirmed that WC3/4 work on PS2. Or maybe it was only one of them. I don't really care either way. :)

Why the Wildfire rank?

Actually on December 8th, 2000 on the CIC I did report that the PS2 liked WC3 and WC4. As for the WildFire-, well I am WildFire-, official Sub-Trelane and official token black op in #wingnut to help the racial equality or somethinglikethatnowIgottago

Originally posted by LaFong
Loaf, Just because you cant buy a cd32 anywhere, and amiga wont sell you one, doesent mean it is right to run an emulator for it on your comp - somewhat like the KS situation.
Er, what? It's perfectly all right to run an emulator on your computer. The only restriction is that you need to legally obtain the software, including the operating system.

[Edited by Quarto on 03-28-2001 at 00:47]

"Er, what? It's perfectly all right to run an emulator on your computer. The only restriction is that you need to legally obtain the software, including the operating system."

Not if you dont own the original system, it isnt, therefore if loaf doesnt own a cd32 base system, then using an emulator of it is illegal.

I'm pretty sure the issue of emulators has gone to court and ended up legal -- that's why you can buy Bleem!.

Loaf, the bleem court case settled nothing - do you think it is legal to buy a gameboy advanced emulator and then never actually buy the real gameboy advance, or how about buy some n64 games and play them via an n64 emu on your pc - but never actually buy an n64. This is the problem with classic arcade games, you cant buy them anywhere, the hardware costs a fortune and the manufacturers wont support the games anymore, but apart from the few freeware arcade games, you cant use the game hardware emulation legally - i dissagree with this, but there are many parralels with the avaliability of ks - its not availiable, and the company cant make money from it but you cant freely distribute it - same with a cd32

Hmm, but what's the difference between using an emulator to play a freeware arcade game and using it to play a game you own a copy of?

Back