WC4 Missiles

Wulf

Vice Admiral
WC4 Missles

Is it just me, or is it quite a pain in the ass on occasion to evade missles? Plus, one hit w/ them and your dead in this game helps add fury to it all.:mad:

Re: WC4 Missles

Originally posted by Wulf
Is it just me, or is it quite a pain in the ass on occasion to evade missles? Plus, one hit w/ them and your dead in this game helps add fury to it all.:mad:

I only avoid 'em on the "occasions" when they come after me. Otherwise, it's too much bother:D

Yeah, but it's a little hairy at times. Oh wait, I checked the difficulty and it's set at Ace, lol!

Well, the Ace setting of WC4 would be about equal to the crazy setting of WC3 or WC:p, I would say.

Best, Raptor

Yeah, WCP is so easy. Funny thing is that at first I found WCP to be very difficult. After playing Freespace for a while, WCP got ridiculously easy though.

Yeah, I am. Otherwise I would be a dumbass. I'm talking about when every enemy decides to fire a missle at you, and then they get pissed that it missed or something, so they never stop firing missles.

Oh, I know... missiles in WCIV are the scourge of humanity... Can anyone explain why the missiles are one-hit kills in that game?

The Dragon is the best for evading missiles... cloak ASAP. And I agree with Raptor. Ace is insanely hard.

WC4 is one of the hardest WC games because for once you are mostly fighting enemies with equal and sometimes superior technology, not some crappy Cat or Bug ship. :)

Erm, I seem to recall that the Confed pilots were mostly flying Hellcats. "Superior" is not one of the adjectives I would use to describe that fighter. :)

Best, Raptor

Hey, hey, HEY! The Vin is a good fighter...I have kicked many asses with that ship. The trick is to correctly modify the power settings b4 you launch. Besides, to leave the settings as they are could handicap your flying style, u know what I mean?

Originally posted by Raptor
Erm, I seem to recall that the Confed pilots were mostly flying Hellcats. "Superior" is not one of the adjectives I would use to describe that fighter. :)

Best, Raptor

I completely agree. But the Hellcat is surely more equal to the other player ships in WC4 than a Dralthi was equal to a Hellcat in WC3.
And the Vindicator rocks!

The Vindicator doesn't have the firepower of the Avenger... but it is nimble, and its guns don't drain very quickly which allows for burying your target in lasers. It is also faster than the Avenger, which allows for catching up when you get to those missions where you have to tail some other ships.

I personally love the Vindicator. It's versatile, while other ships are not.

Back