WC4 DVD/XP+Joystick problems

ah just an update on my lil' problem...

well there is not gameport on my mobo unfortunately ! AND i actually dont have onboard sound ! so i'm stuck with my sblive as my only port...

oh well... new drivers didnt work either...

just for future reference... is there any usb stick out there right now that peeps use now and is compatible with everything? anyone have success with wc4 and 3 using a modern usb stick?

the logitech interceptor is a great product.. unfortunately time has left it behind... if they released a usb version, i'ld be all over it..

cheers

joe

There is also a wc4 usb patch available @topnailas. But no idea how good it works. See here: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=9530
But cause you are all on Gameport, I don't think that helps you much. :(
AND to known Joystick to work with WC4: My MS Sidewinder Precision Pro works great for all my WC games (except Armada, but that's a DOSBox bug), but for others it doesn't at all. So although that is very strange, there seems to be no Joystick that works with 100% guarantee
To the Logitech Interceptor: Yes, that Joystick is nice :) My m8 has got the same. - And an even bigger problem: His Mobo (NForce2) has got no gameport, and when using another soundcard (and switching off the onboard one) the sound works great - but not the Gameport, no matter what OS :( And no, the Joystick is still working on other PCs, and the PCI soundcard gameport works great on other PCs as well. So now his Interceptor is just lying arround :(
Oh, and one thought what MIGHT cause troublefor that one: the 3 coolie hats (sp?) Just a guess...

Back