WC3 Dreadnaught

Heyloo Everybody :)

I was just wondering if the Dreadnaught in WC3 is a Hakaga Class carrier....the one that was used to attack Earth

thank ya very muc h:)

No, it isn't, I am pretty sure about that. I mean the Hakaga-class is described as being twice as long as a normal carrier IIRC, but the dreadnought is 22km long thus being much much longer.
If you ask me what name the class of the WC3 dreadnought class is, well... I don't know for sure. The only thing I remember is that Thrakhath's flagship is named Hvar'kann in the WC3N.

There is a picture of the Hakaga on the front of Fleet Action. It looks like a Ralari, with a roundy thing on it. And bigger.

Is that the thing you have to take on in one of the missions in the failing path (last mission of failing path, iirc)?

Originally posted by akashra
Is that the thing you have to take on in one of the missions in the failing path (last mission of failing path, iirc)?

the dread? yep, its purt big!

I played the WC3 losing endgame once and the game screwed up. I was shooting at the Dreadnaught and it said "I go down for my Emperor!" and it exploded and then there was a corvette corpse left behind! :confused:

I swear it wasn't 22km long though. Thats like... twice the length of the Behemoth, isn't it?
Would take a few minutes to do a flyby.

Both myself and LOAF and a few others were saying about it a few weeks ago, on these very same boards...

It's the only logical explaination too, otherwise you'd fly past ships preeeetty danm fast...

It would make sense. The last time this topic came up (that I remember) LOAF tried to explain the speeds as being releative to ships and whatnot.

Originally posted by LeHah
I played the WC3 losing endgame once and the game screwed up. I was shooting at the Dreadnaught and it said "I go down for my Emperor!" and it exploded and then there was a corvette corpse left behind! :confused:
I did too, and the game screwed up for me too, but in a different way. It gave a 'CD read failure' or something of the sort right when the dreadnought showed up, dumped a lot of hex addresses and bounced me back to DOS.
Ah heck, I lost that CD anyway (I loaned it to someone, then the guy freakin' *moved* without telling me :mad: ). Now I got KS. Haven't played the losing endgame with that though.

OK... here's how it works. Velocity is measured as the velocity displayed but in mps when you are in combat or interacting with other ships. However, if you're travelling long distances (between Nav Points, let's say) you are travelling at the velocity displayed, in kps. Try targetting a ship, the distance is in m and the distance increases/decreases as if you were travelling in mps. Target a Nav Point and the distance will be displayed in km and it will decrease as if you were travelling kps.

TC

Originally posted by Unforgiven

I did too, and the game screwed up for me too, but in a different way. It gave a 'CD read failure' or something of the sort right when the dreadnought showed up, dumped a lot of hex addresses and bounced me back to DOS.
Ah heck, I lost that CD anyway (I loaned it to someone, then the guy freakin' *moved* without telling me :mad: ). Now I got KS. Haven't played the losing endgame with that though.

I don't think that you were supposed to be able to blow up the dreadnaught. You were supposed to die. After all, it is the losing endgame. But if you are like some of us here, and just win't push up the daisies, hand you did blow up the dred, the process starts all over again. Meaning, it's like you just showed up again. Eventually another dred jumps in and so forth and so forth.

Originally posted by RATM
why put kps if its meters per second?
Sorry--mistaken post.

I tried to delete it after entering the "edit" window, and when I activated the "delete post", it told me I wasn't logged in! (sooooo-how come it let me POST the message, and allowed me to "EDIT" it, then?...) Grrrrrrr!:mad:

Back