WC3 Dreadnaught

I don't think klicks is short for kilometers but i could be wrong. I thought it was some term the military came up with for there own distance thing about the vietnam era war. I dunno i could be wrong but i was always under the impression that the klick was it's own measurement

In this case, sadly klick is short for kilometer, which completely blows all wing commander measurements out of proportion without alterations to their interpretation. Just ask anyone whos been in any countries Air Force or Navy.

How can you measure distances in kps? Don't you mean klick, or km.
And it must be kps, not KPS. S is not the unit of time, s is. And I don't know about klick, but in kilometer, KM would mean nothing. Again M is not the unit of distance, in fact it's mass, and K is 1024, while k is 1000. (odd how they stop that there, since there's no seperate indication for the computer mega, compared to the normal mega. Note m is always wrong, since that's milli, only M is mega.)

God, I never knew my science teachers yammering about this had such a profound influence on me! :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
In Wing Commander, distances are measured in KPS relative. Says so in Claw Marks.

Unforgiven, I think Loaf meant speed. Target indicators read 'M' and Distance indicators read with a 'K'. Since you can't measure distance in a unit meant for speed, he probably meant speed.

OK, it should be either kmps or mps, the capitals would just make it easier to read on screen.

Back