WC1 remake thread

Hmm, can you try just changing the sim music on fc 1.3 without changing anything else and see if it works.

As far as atmospheric and planet terrain, I'd like to get the space combat working wonderfully first.

eddieb said:
As far as atmospheric and planet terrain, I'd like to get the space combat working wonderfully first.

I think you already have the space combat working wonderfully. What makes you think that you don't?

eddieb said:
Hmm, can you just try changing the sim music on fc 1.3 without changing anything else and see if it works?

Yah, but I doubt it will work. Besides, right now I have my speakers turned off and the laptop at my house has a low frame rate when it's using the OpenGL Renderer. I hate that. Although the OpenGL renderer performs very well on my own computer.

How do I get a higher frame rate with the OpenGL Renderer?

Is someone going to answer this question? I have not heard any response lately and I have been sitting here for days and days waiting, but still no reply.

Hello, Eddieb. I am having problems getting a new Ship Viewer Logo working. I made it with the Milkshape 3D Text generator and made the tex coordinates with MS3D's Texture coordinate editor. It's in the same font as the FC Logo (The font name is "Loxx" BTW). I made a new gradient with GIMP (I used the FC Gradient before) and it does not work! I suppose the whole thing is textured. I suppose it is Totally Triangulated (Because MS3d does it automatically). Can you suggest something to help me make it work?

I modified fclogo.ship.xml to display my new logo

What do you mean does not work? First try making something 1 solid color, and get that working first. Don't remember how I generated mine, it was so long ago. And yes, Loxx is the font I've been using.

When I try to make the FC Ship Viewer view my new logo, the game either crashes or freezes. That's what I mean by "It doesn't work." I don't really think that the texture really has anything to do with it...

:) Never Mind, Eddieb. I got it working. It was because the thing had no vertex normals, so I had to re-convert it so that it had vertex normals and so that FC would accept it.

Hey people, I think I need help now. I want to make a losing cutscene for my mod, and I need some help with the camera movement. I want the camera to do a close-up from 1200 m away, with the camera moving in the same direction at the same speed as the scimitar, but I want the camera looking at the Scimitar.

I think that is going to be really tricky without someone's help. Can you help me please?

Kevin:

Did you download the beta yet? Please let me know how that goes. You probably want to do some object relative camera stuff.

Try experimenting with the different camera functions and see what works best. It's what I have to do.

Try using the camera interpolated functions first.

eddieb said:
Kevin:

Did you download the beta yet?

Yes I did.

Iceblace said:
Try using the camera interpolated functions first.
That's too complicated. I have to type in two positions, but I won't even know what position the ship will end up in. Maybe I could use the Camera_setLocationRelative and Camera_setLookAtRelative.

Yeah, probably a look at relative would work best and just control a ship's AI to do what you want it to do.

Oh, eddie wants a beta-testing report on any problems encountered.

I figured that 1200 m was too far away. I am going to stick with 700 m instead. I wish I knew how to change normal numbers into these special FC Values.

Example: The colour numbers in the cockpit XMLs are really tricky to know what they are.

On the colors:

Go to mspaint, pick out a color, write down the rgb values.

Then take each value, and divide by 256.

That's it.

To convert distances, its either a multiply or divide by 10 from what's displayed in the cockpit, I think. Or you can just fly around and print out the locations that you want.

Oh yeah, if you look at my cutscene example lua, there's a function called

function printlocation

that may be handy. You can use it to print out the player's location continually.

Back