WC1/ movie... just noticing

Yeah, that's what I heard, too, redwolf. There was a story going on that his dad took his family all to Australia to avoid Vietnam, but I don't know how much water that holds.

He sure does like bashing Brits, or more correctly, the English.

Bounty (Mutiny sends British officers packing)

Braveheart (Scots pound English a bit)

Patriot (Brits get bashed some more by Yanks)

Good old Mel!

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, it wasn't the Aussie accent everybody usually thinks of (there's quite a few Aussie accents), but yeah, I have heard Aussies talk like that.

Yeah, it could have been worse.

Anyone remember Jackie Chan's First Strike?

Ummm, yes. Certainly the worst attempt at an 'Australian' accent that I have ever heard. I think the problem is that it looked (and sounded) like it the original (Australian?) actress had been dubbed into Chinese, and then dubbed back into what someone over there thought was an Australian accent.

I guess it was very noticeable for me because I live very close to where it was filmed. So the accent was not only 'bad' it was very, very out of place. I guess it's kinda like hearing that Texas cattle-rancher drawl in a place you know damn well is nowhere near Texas OR a cattle-ranch :D.

Originally posted by redwolf
He sure does like bashing Brits, or more correctly, the English.

Braveheart (Scots pound English a bit)

Good old Mel!

IIRC the Scots totally wasted the English. The problem with that thuogh is that if the Scots were such great fighters how did the English dominate them in the first place? :confused:

Originally posted by AzraeL
Ummm, yes. Certainly the worst attempt at an 'Australian' accent that I have ever heard.

Ah this is a Jackie Chan film. I believe films such as his are viewed for the action sequences, not the super realistic acting. Besides that scene where he uses the ladder makes up for any filming deficiencies, don't you think?

Originally posted by Penguin
(...)
Ah this is a Jackie Chan film. I believe films such as his are viewed for the action sequences, not the super realistic acting. Besides that scene where he uses the ladder makes up for any filming deficiencies, don't you think?

Agreed! :)

Back