WC1 era errors

Paladin "retires" a month after Firekka joins the Confederation... during SM2. The portion of Freedom Flight with him in it is *after* SM2 ends...

You mean SM2 ended with the Firekkan leaders still being held hostage by the Kilrathi? Wasnt it like three months between the time Firekka joined Confed and the end of SM2? I dont remember a time when Paladin wasnt around in SM2, of course its been a while since i played.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 05-13-2001 at 02:00]

That's right, SM2 ended with the Kilrathi retreat during which the captives were originally taken... Freedom Flight continues the story from there on.

Paladin is around early on in SM2, talking about how he's about to retire... and then he gets replaced on the killboard by Doomsday.

So its safe to say that Paladin was gone by the time the Tiger's Claw and the Austin retreated from Firekka. How long was it between when they retreated and the Kilrathi retreated?

Tiger and Tiger's Claw

When the discussion of the controversity of the movie and WC1, does anyone know why the hell Chris Roberts changed the name. Maybe he said it in an interview or something. I personaly thing Tiger Claw SUCKS!!! Not only because Tiger's Claw sounds much much better but also...men I grew up with Tiger's Claw. WC1 was supposedly the first game I was really addicted to. The ship is part of my life. I remember of really beeing sad when I learned of its destruction when I got WC2. And now they change the name that way.

What's next? Blair --> Blur, Maniac --> Crazy Guy.
Touching things like the old Claw really hurts a fan!!!

I guess its as bad as when cats who always taunt "Die you furless freak", didn't have hair on them in the first place!

Here's a little note...

According to the movie novel, and as far as I could tell, the Academy graduates from Hilthros.

But in Action Stations (duh), it's in Houston.

Comments anyone?

:cool:

Originally posted by redwolf
I guess its as bad as when cats who always taunt "Die you furless freak", didn't have hair on them in the first place!

Yeah, even when the kilrathi looked a bit like big puppets in WC3 and WC4, they looked similar to what I exspected from the graphic of the first two games. Don't know why Roberts did not take this design for the movie. Thrakath looked simply awesome in WC3!

Re: Here's a little note...

Originally posted by TheFraix
According to the movie novel, and as far as I could tell, the Academy graduates from Hilthros.

But in Action Stations (duh), it's in Houston.

Comments anyone?

:cool:

THe academy in Houston was shut down. Stupid politicians.

The *Naval* Academy is in Houston, the *Space Forces* Academy is on Hilthros...

Paladin left the Tiger's Claw around 2655.270... SM2 started around 2655.240, and ended around 2655.315. Tiger's Claw left the Firekka system around 2655.278.

Back