WC Universe's Controversial Plot Holes, Discrepacies, Continuity Problems, etc

Originally posted by junior

Not that my opinion particularly matters on this, but I always preferred Phoenix (though not the dreadful "Prankster") to Maverick. I don't think Blair ever had a lot in common with a Tom Cruise character...

They say why he's named Maverick in WCATV...it's a joking name because he sticks to the rules so much...the complete opposite of a maverick...

Yeah same callsign, two totally seperate meanings . . .

Thought of something else the other day that I'd like answered. All the books and games seem to suggest that the transition formnormal space to jump space and back again is instantaneous(well almost instantaneous). If this is the case, why do we see in WCATV that Blair is composing a letter to his parents in jumpspace and also blair and payback (another blue-skinned cadet for those still hung on the blue skin delima) haveing a jump last at least long enough for them to have a conversation.

Also, he composes a letter to his parents as though they are still alive in WCATV. Aren't they dead according to teh WCM?

C-ya

It depends on the jump point. Odd ones definately appear. There are also jumps that seem to be instantanious, but actually take time.

Those parents, we assume, are his foster parents.

privateer was similar when you jumped, you could see all these stars fly past till one got brighter and that was basically when you came out the other side of that swirly purple portal thingy hehe

Originally posted by TC

Those parents, we assume, are his foster parents.

It could have been his aunt and her husband....the Confed Handbook says his aunt was taking care of him after his dad's death..

hehehe...his dad in WCATV's uniform is weird though...he's wearing a tie, which seems odd compared to all the other Confed Navy uniforms (an older variety, I supose)

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
They say why he's named Maverick in WCATV...it's a joking name because he sticks to the rules so much...the complete opposite of a maverick...

They also make note of it in either the Movie novelization or Pilgrim Stars.

Back