WC TV show?

Consider how you feel about WCA -- the mass media tie in that had great plots, used previously seen ships and the WC3/4 cast as the voices.

Consider how you feel about the movie.

A movie or a live action TV show has to be changed to be popular -- a cartoon is not necessarily limited in this manner.

bandit what you have to look at here is the fact that WC 3 and 4 wheren't that great games on the playing side. its the story line and cut scenes which is why people bought them.

a WC series won't have to go that far away from the WC enviroment to be popular, however I don't believe any WC series could be popular using the rathi war as its back drop. I think that if it where to be reliesed in live acvtion it would have to be done after WCP time frame , on maybe a midway class ship.

because if you look at Star Trek or Star Gate SG1 , there popular because they have such broad ranging storys its not the same week in week out , setting up on a ship like the midway would be a perfect back drop to get that sort of story line going , you'd have science , marines , pilots ect... on one ship so the writes would have loads of ways they could take the various ep's.

Junior , while I agree your right about the simpsons being popular across a wide age range, the key difference is that the simpsons don't have any resrictions on storyline, one simpsons ep rarely affects the next or other shows. they can kill of people bring them back next week ect...

while in a WC cartoon they couldn't do that every ep would directy affect the next , so you have to make people want to watch it each week , which these cartoons rarely do, and people who are just browsering the channel and happen apon it can't get into the storyline because don't know whats gone on the week before.

Originally posted by Wrath
Bandit you know what I mean , if they make it animated , it'll be a kids show , or atleast aimed at kids . they'll produce it like the starship troopers and battle tech cartoons and at best they'll do 2 seasons and it'll shut down. atleast if it follows the form of those shows.

You know that they can very well label it an adult's show and put it on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block.

Originally posted by Meson

You know that they can very well label it an adult's show and put it on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block.

They really could. That cartoon was pretty depressing...!

Back