WC TV show?

if they did a cartoon like "rough neck" the starship troopers based comp. ani. cartoon, it'd b cool. but if the did standard cell ani. they should stick with the WCATV style, though with improvements. it was a cool style, similar to G.I. Joe!!!

Hell, I'll put out some cash and watch anything Wing Commander Related. Just tell me when and where. Is there going to be a convention? If so I'll go no matter the distance... well as long as it isn't in England.

Well stated. I really would love to be more involved I just don't know how. I finally figured out this forum thing a little while ago... a couple days ago. I just want to be involved and help bring Wing Commander back!

Bandit you know what I mean , if they make it animated , it'll be a kids show , or atleast aimed at kids . they'll produce it like the starship troopers and battle tech cartoons and at best they'll do 2 seasons and it'll shut down. atleast if it follows the form of those shows.

Originally posted by Wrath
Bandit you know what I mean , if they make it animated , it'll be a kids show , or atleast aimed at kids . they'll produce it like the starship troopers and battle tech cartoons and at best they'll do 2 seasons and it'll shut down. atleast if it follows the form of those shows.

As opposed to the two episodes it'd get before being cancelled as a live action show :)?

Besides, WCA rocked!

Well every WC fan in America will need to watch that show when it appears because ratings are everything. and if no ratings no show.

Hey if it doesn't do well, then at least we can download whatever there is off of CIC in the distant future...

and with a cartoon show it would last for 2 seasons never really take off and sink in obscurity never to be seen again.

with a live action show if they do it right it could be a hit . and even if its not it still stands more chance of making an impact on the general public then a cartoon and might even make more demand for more games to be reliesed.

the target audence for any cartoon would be around 10-16 , the target audence for live action shows like star trek which has loads of games being reliesed due to its popularity is 12-40. it has broad appeal so games makers are tripping over them selfs to get a piece of it.

I think your letting the general crappyness of the movie to cloud you to the possablitys of what a live action show could do, if its done right.

I think Star Gate SG1 has proved theres a market there for live action shows simlair to what would have to be done with WC.

but this is all hearsay and pointless talk . I think we all agree we'd much rather have them make more WC games then see a cartoon WC or a a live action show like the movie......

Originally posted by Wrath
and with a cartoon show it would last for 2 seasons never really take off and sink in obscurity never to be seen again.

with a live action show if they do it right it could be a hit . and even if its not it still stands more chance of making an impact on the general public then a cartoon and might even make more demand for more games to be reliesed.

the target audence for any cartoon would be around 10-16 , the target audence for live action shows like star trek which has loads of games being reliesed due to its popularity is 12-40. it has broad appeal so games makers are tripping over them selfs to get a piece of it.

Not necessarily. The Simpsons has proven that cartoons CAN be viable with the adult population. Unfortunately, anything with sci-fi battles that's also animated is likely to get consigned to the 'youth' category without even getting a first look, so the chance to duplicate the success of The Simpsons probably won't happen if the WC series is animated.
In addition, as so ably demonstrated by the Toonami block, cartoons have their own string of restrictions that are attached to them. While cartoons on cable don't have to abide by those restrictions (regarding things such as blood, smoking, drinking, death, etc...), there's a good chance that any cartoon will come under heavy pressure to conform to those standards unless it runs on HBO or a similar channel (which, lets be honest, has a very remote chance of occurring).

Back