WC sega cd

Originally posted by LeHah
Instead, the bombing of Kilrah, the Temblor Bomb test and the attack on a Kilrathi facility was done via VERY spiffy movies.
Spiffy, yes, but they are certainly not replacements for those excellent levels on the PC. It would have been nice to have it both ways, though - bomb Kilrah, and then have the full FMV sequence play afterwards.

3DO ver.

Yes, the 3DO version also featured Hobbes' apology holovid (I still can't believe it's not in the PC version- Rrr!). However, there were no dialogue edits. All profanity was left in the 3DO version. Also, the spiffy planet mission FMVs were in it. Those were SO COOL! Like Wedge said, though, I wish it could've been both ways....

Unfortunate result of CD space requirements. Four CDs was a lot at the time, at first I thought it was only supposed to be 2 CDs. I guess they didn't realise how important the Hobbes explanation really was.

I Guess Not

Because without it, it just makes Hobbes look like a Benedict Arnold *Bleep!!* traitor. At least with the explanation, you can still respect the guy, er, cat.

Re: Oh yeah

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Say, Frosty, since you also seem to be a 3DO fan (and own the FZ-10 to boot), is there a way to transfer the saved data on the memory of a Goldstar 3DO over to an FZ-10? You know, like, link the two systems and transfer save data? I highly doubt it... but it was worth asking!
I'm not aware of anything like that. I suppose it would be kind of cool, but I don't think the designers ever thought it would be useful.

Re: I Guess Not

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Because without it, it just makes Hobbes look like a Benedict Arnold *Bleep!!* traitor. At least with the explanation, you can still respect the guy, er, cat.
If I remember it right Hobbs explans it over the comm in the book.
still *&^& blows

Nah, in the novel Blair finds a holovid made by Hobbes for Blair in Hobbes locker. It'd probably take too long to explain sth as complex over the comm during a fight. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Unfortunate result of CD space requirements. Four CDs was a lot at the time, at first I thought it was only supposed to be 2 CDs. I guess they didn't realise how important the Hobbes explanation really was.

Speaking of which... while I was playing around with the WC2 deluxe cd not too long ago I came across some PR stuff on WC3... I guess there must have been some significant design changes after they put the add on the cd! (as in system requirments and game engine... and FMV) Anyway I could see where the confusion you had before hand about 2 or 4 cds could have come from!

-AD.

PR stuff? I guess that got chucked out on my compilation CD.

I just remember the release of WC3 at the time was a big thing - I thought two CDs was the official line and four CDs was a rumour!

Heh

I remember how big a deal it was when the game finally came out. At the mall I went to, Software Etc was right above Electronics Boutique. Both stores had WC3 up and running and even people who didn't play games were amazed. WC3 was truly a huge leap in video games....

Back