WC Privateer, Privatter2

Super_Goku

Spaceman
WC Privateer, Privateer2

iv been looking for WC privateer and privateer2 for a long time and found privateer bout 4 months ago and i heard there was a privateer2 out but i havent been able to find it any where and also a Walk threw for both the games

Bad llama!

Just go out and buy it. Trying to find ways to download full versions of the Wing Commander games isn't very healthy for your Chat Zone life.

just buy it on ebay, bid about 50$ (your maximum bid) the first time you bid on it, and you'll be sure to win it.

Wing Commander games are hard to find in Australia in my experience.
Your best bet is a contact overseas ;)

I found that going to a second hand shop (bomerang software exchange, revolution cd...) and putting your name down works well.
I went to bomerang and put down my name for P2. a few months ago i finally got it, and the guy(a friend of mine) at the shop also sold me privateer 1 before it hit the shelf!

And of course someone should mention that "Privateer 2: The Darkening" has very little to do with the original game..

It only a sequel in the sense that some marketing genius decided to call it Privateer 2..

<waits for Loaf to defend P2>

-John

And being shafted by the Manchester people... And lo and behold, we all bought it anyway. I agree with the guy, though... when I opened the box for the first time, I was really hoping for something EXACTLY like privateer one... and got something that had nothing to do with the series' pretenses, had little of the same gameplay, lacked the damage models to make it more WC-like... I mean, come on! For the shuttles I just rammed thier blind spot with all guns blaring! FAR too easy.
Edit- Well, I'll be damned. I made captian a couple posts back and didn't even notice. :D

Originally posted by Manic
I was really hoping for something EXACTLY like privateer one...
Except in that case, you and everyone else would just complain about how they didn't make any progress with the series, and how it's just the same old thing.

You're not saying anything we haven't heard a million times before. You were offended because they decided to shake things up a little and the result couldn't fit your narrow definition of how WC was supposed to be, it's nothing new, spare us the re-runs.

I didn't mind P2 at all, but thats probably because i hadn't played any new WC for several months.
Anyway, just this afternoon I found and bought WC4 on PSX at revolution for $35 AUS! I know, I know you will all say it hurt your head or somthing like that but i MUST see it for myself.

Personally, I thought P2 was very, very cool... it had some serious game mechanics issues, but the whole weird British Sci Fi universe was a nice change of pace.

Originally posted by Frosty
Except in that case, you and everyone else would just complain about how they didn't make any progress with the series, and how it's just the same old thing.

You're not saying anything we haven't heard a million times before. You were offended because they decided to shake things up a little and the result couldn't fit your narrow definition of how WC was supposed to be, it's nothing new, spare us the re-runs.

Oh lord, dont let anyone express their opinions or ideas about WC at all around here, you get bashed and trashed for saying such things against the establishment!

So much for freedom of speech and thought.

If you guys are tired of the issues being brought up a million times, well, whos fault is that? Certianly not us. Since no new WC game is out, or likely to ever be out (other than this GBA fake remake), then what the heck is there to talk about when it comes to WC? Did it not occur to you guys who are all wise and very impaitent, that some people out there have not played all or any of the WC games at all? No, of course not, cause you guys cannot take the time to realize out of your self centered worlds that there are people who are just now getting into WC, but that thought has not occured to you. So you attack and bash new users and new players with your posturing and crappy attitudes, thus they turn away.

If this is a place to talk about WC, then LET THEM TALK about it! If you already know everything under the sun about WC, then be a nice butthole and just answer the questions or point them in the right direction at least, not bitch and moan towards people trying to learn what they can about WC.

Sheesh, some people just dont have any paitence. And Frosty, you dont get the point bud. I guess we can sit around and keep playing the wait game for a REAL new WC game by ignoring what it takes to market anything. Just keep in mind, whatever EA/OSI is doing now, is NOT doing anything for WC, thats for sure. Just look at UO, how well it is doing. Why?....market research and promotion, DOH!

Dont dare talk about what EA/OSI could do to lean towards a new WC game, or talk about WC in general because it has been said a million times already and you will end up being bashed and trashed for it. But dont take my word for it, scan the threads and topics and find out for yourselves. Lets see who will be first to reply with posturing and attempts to cover their butt when the evidence is right there in front of everyone's faces in these threads.

Rest my case. L8rs.

First of all, it isn't your place to tell people how to post.

Second of all (and this will sound somewhat contradictory), you're doing the same thing Frosty is doing when you tell him how to post.

Third of all, if you say things in that manner, you'll get bashed regardless of what you say.

So... you started by complaining about the lack of 'freedom of speech' and ended by telling Frosty *what he can't talk about*. What's the word for people like that?

Oh lord, dont let anyone express their opinions or ideas about WC at all around here, you get bashed and trashed for saying such things against the establishment!

So much for freedom of speech and thought.

If you honestly believe that another user (in this case Frosty) having an *opinion* is preventing *you* from having 'freedom of speech and thought' (thought! Frosty makes me no think good!), then you can probably also *solve* this incredibly stupid and entirely made up problem with something as simple as a tin-foil hat.

If you guys are tired of the issues being brought up a million times, well, whos fault is that? Certianly not us. Since no new WC game is out, or likely to ever be out (other than this GBA fake remake), then what the heck is there to talk about when it comes to WC? Did it not occur to you guys who are all wise and very impaitent, that some people out there have not played all or any of the WC games at all? No, of course not, cause you guys cannot take the time to realize out of your self centered worlds that there are people who are just now getting into WC, but that thought has not occured to you. So you attack and bash new users and new players with your posturing and crappy attitudes, thus they turn away.

First we have to whack the crap out of you for trolling. Allow:

Wow, you sure know a lot.

I, for example, don't know whether or not there'll ever be another WC game for the PC. How could I? I'm not privy to future market trends or the whims and dealings of executives. And I'm man enough to admit that I don't know anything about this new GameBoy game... I don't know if it's a port or a conversion or an entirely new game. I can only speculate. (I do, however, know what the box might look like). But *you*, *you* know all these things! Could you enlighten us all by revealing how you've gained this non-existant information?

(Wing Commander for the GBA may be the worst game in history. It might be the best game in history. It might be a re-make of Prophecy, it might be a whole new story. We don't know. No matter what, we'd be hard pressed to call it 'fake' -- since it exists...)

The moral here is thus: don't believe everything you hear, especially when you make it up.

If this is a place to talk about WC, then LET THEM TALK about it! If you already know everything under the sun about WC, then be a nice butthole and just answer the questions or point them in the right direction at least, not bitch and moan towards people trying to learn what they can about WC.

They *are* talking about Wing Commander. We're arguing about Privateer 2 -- there's no secret cabal censoring anyones opinions. You can't cry 'free speech' (however meaningless in such a private forum) when both sides are being allowed to express their views equally. We're not *censoring* opinions -- we just *disagree* with them and are discussing them in the same manner as those who hold them are allowed. Do not troll.

Sheesh, some people just dont have any paitence. And Frosty, you dont get the point bud. I guess we can sit around and keep playing the wait game for a REAL new WC game by ignoring what it takes to market anything. Just keep in mind, whatever EA/OSI is doing now, is NOT doing anything for WC, thats for sure. Just look at UO, how well it is doing. Why?....market research and promotion, DOH!

No offense (read: offense), but what the expletive deleted are you talking about? Frosty is arguing with someone about whether or not Privateer 2 is a Wing Commander game... it has nothing to do with whatever you're ranting about.

Furthermore, you picked a very very bad example. UO was a complete surprise -- the intial model was for a niche-type game that would support only a few hundred people. When it was a completely unpredicted success, the gameplay suffered as Origin rushed to keep up with the incredibly unexpected demand...

Dont dare talk about what EA/OSI could do to lean towards a new WC game, or talk about WC in general because it has been said a million times already and you will end up being bashed and trashed for it. But dont take my word for it, scan the threads and topics and find out for yourselves. Lets see who will be first to reply with posturing and attempts to cover their butt when the evidence is right there in front of everyone's faces in these threads.

Rest my case. L8rs.

Posting your opinion on a matter is not *evidence*. Evidence is when you say "Here, look at this thing, it proves my point". Ranting about the terrible evil UO conspiracy is not *evidence* of anything... (well, anything polite).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
If you honestly believe that another user (in this case Frosty) having an *opinion* is preventing *you* from having 'freedom of speech and thought' (thought! Frosty makes me no think good!), then you can probably also *solve* this incredibly stupid and entirely made up problem with something as simple as a tin-foil hat.

I am evidence that Tin-Foil Hats work perfectly well. Yahoo!

Back