WC on GBA?

Do you think its a good idea? Would you buy a copy if it was made?

• Great idea! I have a GBA and I'd definately buy it .

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Great idea! I'd buy a GBA just for this game.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Good idea.....but I would'nt pay for it.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Stupid idea.......lay off the drugs, weirdo....

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
The SNES version had 240 less colors than the PC version -- that's a significant difference...:)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
WC has a better track record on the PC. :)
That's kind of a wierd thing to say, when you think about it. I mean, first of all, it's a completely subjective argument, so it really has absolutely no bearing on the discussion, but it wouldn't really make much sense anyway, since they all got the same games. It's not like there was a separate series for the console market and it really sucked or something.

Plus, we don't exactly know what you mean by "track record," so that makes it harder to compare.

And how was the Amiga version ? I remember I read a review at this time and it was not well marked ! But I don't remember why... I will try to retrieve this review (I have an impressive number of old computer magazines in my attic since I never trashed one :D)

While were talking about wc on consoles (or the sort) Has anyone tried Starlancer (I know its not WC) on dreamcast? I just found out it existed for that platform today as I was browsing in Future Shop (in vancouver, BC, Canada) and saw it there. Is it much diferent than the pc version? How does it compare to other space combat sims for consoles?

AD

Colony Wars(all 3) was ok on psx but I liked the ability in WC3 and WC4 to choose your fighter, I missed that in the original Colony Wars

im sorry but for me playing any flight sim on a console and not a pc is just plain wrong, no joystick, no real throttle control, i cant picture it, the joystick allows much better feel and control of the craft and only adds to the experience, ive played sims on playstation with a dual analog controled but it just wasnt as good, sure you can play on a console but that doesnt mean it should be done:mad:

A good point indeed but there are a few good joysticks for the consoles.There was once one for the PSX with throttle control I never could find one though

Originally posted by Deathscythe
im sorry but for me playing any flight sim on a console and not a pc is just plain wrong, no joystick
Only if you choose not to buy one.
no real throttle control,
Only if you choose not to buy one.

It seems the problems you face are a result of your purchasing habits, and not the console's fault.

That's interesting sure. Good to know they can work on console. But has anyone tried starlancer on dreamcast yet?

Originally posted by Thymerlord
A good point indeed but there are a few good joysticks for the consoles.There was once one for the PSX with throttle control I never could find one though

sure enough why not buy one off of ebay ill tell you why not 1)im poor so giving the choice between a console joystick or a pc well there is no choice not as long as 2)space sims like Freespace 2 x wing alliance independence war 2 and of course Starlancer (that if you go to ign.com they will tell you what the DC version was like the review all games AD) keep coming out for and of course 3) multi-player, need i say more, If that troubles you, go stand on a railroad track and take a moment

Colony Wars(all 3) was ok on psx but I liked the ability in WC3 and WC4 to choose your fighter, I missed that in the original Colony Wars

Colony Wars: Red Sun was actually released?? No way! Now I have to search for a copy (can't find it anywhere)!!

I have no major problems with playing flight sims on a console with a decent controller as for the cost thing well I paid $20 for my PSX joystick which is a good stick and $9 for my Saitek st50 which is the biggest waste of plastic I ever saw but when I got I did'nt have enough for a good one. But I find the keyboard ok for most games( till I can get a nice Joystick).Red Sun is all over the place down here especially in the used stores.

I have no major problems with playing flight sims on a console with a decent controller
...and to be able to play WC on the road to school is enough to forswear my beloved joystick

Back