WC Movie

Most non-WC thought the WC movie was rubbish (I can see their point), but whats the general consensus from actual WC's?

Also in the movie, theres a bit where they bulldoze the african woman's ship off the flight deck, and it appears to FALL- this is in space?

Hi im new to these forums and I live in New Zealand, any other New Zealanders in these forums?

Welcome to the Chat Zone! :)

I also noticed that scene with Rosie's Rapier. I guess that could have something to do with the Tiger Claw's speed and momentum...

I thought the movie kicked ass!

WC fans are generally split -- I loved it.

I think the ship fell because the Tiger's Claw generates gravity...

Originally posted by Ghost
Are all the people in the movie British ????

David Warner is British without a doubt, as is David Suchet, Ken Bones and Saffron Burrows. I believe the guy who plays Commodore Richard Beleguard is a Scot. Jurgen Prochnow is German to such an extenent it should scare his crew members. Tcheky Karyo is a Turk raised in France. Hugh Quarshie, who played Obutu, was born and raised in an English-Controled colony in Africa and I have yet to place Radar Operator Falk's accent. It sounds like very deep south London, methinks, though he was in Titanic and The Young Americans (which was also scored by David Arnold).
Ginny Holder is another brit with an excellent classical and blues singing voice in Mezzo Soprano.

The only info I scammed from IMDB is Operator Falk's filmography. Everything else is "sterile conjecture" :D

Curiously, Dan Finkelstein, who did the biggest WCM fan site on the net also designed the no defunct WCMOVIE.COM website.

Of the characters, only Tolwyn is specifically British.

The movie web site was actually designed by Corey Finkelstein... Dan designed the original, which DA rejected. (I've got a picture somewhere -- it's cooool... Windows '54.)

(Chris and I went to the premiere in a limo with Dan! Go us!)

Originally posted by Sling
Most non-WC thought the WC movie was rubbish (I can see their point), but whats the general consensus from actual WC's?

Also in the movie, theres a bit where they bulldoze the african woman's ship off the flight deck, and it appears to FALL- this is in space?

Hi im new to these forums and I live in New Zealand, any other New Zealanders in these forums?

I thought it was a decent movie, not great but not terrible. I myself wish it weren't canon because of the obvious screw ups in the timeline and such, but since it is I have no control over that.

I thought some things were cool, i.e. their flightsuits, the Rapiers (although I have mixed feelings on them too), The Concordia, Dralthis, and the Thrak'hra.

I didn't like some things as well, The Pilgrim thing being top on the list. Nobody will ever talk me into liking the Pilgrim thing. And those hats......ggggrrrrrr.....why.....

The pilot suits were rather blah but I really liked the officer's uniform, esp Tolwyn's! :D

I couldn't tie a tie back then... but now that I have a job that requires me to do so each day, I've become rather good at it.

Hello fellow Kiwi, where abouts are you? North or South?
Im in Christchurch.

I don't actually remember the hats, so they can't have annoyed me too much, but I did like the red flightsuits.
The main disappointments in the movie for me were the ships, the Kilrathi and the Pilgrim thing too.

Why couldn't they make the Kats look more like the ones in the game (WC3)? You know, with hair rather than looking like seals (mammals, not elite soldier guys) in spacesuits.

And it would have been cooler if the ships were CGI versions of the "spritey" ones we had been used to seeing.

To me, it appeared that the Pilgrim stuff was put in just to have a Star Warsy - don't rely on the targeting computers, the power to succeed is within you - type ending. But not quite as cool.

I was actually looking forward to a proper space battle between the Kilrathi fleet and the Concordia battle group.

well you know what he means, i was also very disapointed on the kittens, youd think they'd have more.. hair. But whadayawant. I hope they make a sequel.

[Edited by RATM on 06-21-2001 at 17:29]

Hello fellow Kiwi, where abouts are you? North or South?
Im in Christchurch.

Think of NZ. Then think of a city in NZ that starts with an A. That's probably where I live.

Why couldn't they make the Kats look more like the ones in the game (WC3)? You know, with hair rather than looking like seals (mammals, not elite soldier guys) in spacesuits.

Well the kats look different in every WC product.

I was actually looking forward to a proper space battle between the Kilrathi fleet and the Concordia battle group.

This from the movie that gave us the awesome "fire the broadside" scene? Aw man that scene where they pumped like a dozen torps into that kat ship was pure brilliance.

[Edited by Penguin on 06-21-2001 at 17:32]

Of course its true, but you know, when you think of a seal you dont think of hair.
A cat appears to have more hair (fur) than a seal.

Back